Prom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you wear, please remember to "pull down and back" your shoulders. I've seen too many shots of so-called models on CS with shoulders that are more like, "hunched" forward. My own cousin who's probably doing freelance modelling also has that problem. Whatever you wear, look in the mirror and try out what I said. You WILL look a LOT MORE confident about yourself - when one's body is doing something, it can affect your effective mood. Eg. if you laugh even if there's no joke, your body will feel good - and in this case, if you can stand and move around with a pose that makes you feel confident - you WILL feel entirely that way.

I'd suggest black for whatever you're getting for the evening. Other colours will look cheesy after time when you look back at the event years later.

redstone said:
Ever thought of DIY customising your own dress and accessories? ;) ;p

i gt colour sense bt sadly no design sense. btw saw ur foto-a-day fotos. v nice!!!

sehsuan said:
Whatever you wear, please remember to "pull down and back" your shoulders. I've seen too many shots of so-called models on CS with shoulders that are more like, "hunched" forward. My own cousin who's probably doing freelance modelling also has that problem. Whatever you wear, look in the mirror and try out what I said. You WILL look a LOT MORE confident about yourself - when one's body is doing something, it can affect your effective mood. Eg. if you laugh even if there's no joke, your body will feel good - and in this case, if you can stand and move around with a pose that makes you feel confident - you WILL feel entirely that way.

I'd suggest black for whatever you're getting for the evening. Other colours will look cheesy after time when you look back at the event years later.

to summarise.. means... stand tall n straight ?

hub_bo said:
to summarise.. means... stand tall n straight ?

Not just that, but watch your shoulders. If you look at modelling/lady magazines, you'll notice how they stand to look elegant. Then you compare with shots of model-wannabes, then you'll see the shoulders aren't in the right position. I believe you have a few months before the prom itself (assuming you're from sec sch/JC), so very basic 1 to 2kg exercises that strengthens the shoulder rotater cuffs would do you good, long term. If memory serves me well, Ivy Lee during the Star Search eons ago, had wonderful looking shoulders. But some.. no wait, most girls these days actually pull their shoulder joint so much to the front of the body, they they look... haggard.

Oh yes, if you're still schooling, please inquire with your PE teacher about strengthening the rotator cuffs - they SHOULD know. Targetted effect is that the shoulders are naturally pulled back. Another strengthening exercise that helps is to pull your opposing shoulder blades towards the opposing hips - somewhat in a "cross" manner - that will strength the lower retention of the lower trapeziod muscles (that sit below the shoulder blades, but in a BIG diamond shape between the shoulder blades, and because it's at the back of the body, it will help to "pull" back the shoulder joints naturally to the back. In fact, it has been mentioned that this exercise helps to lower the risk of popping shoulders via dislocation by things such as softball pitching which is usually done wrongly, according to anatomy.

Refer to this: http://www.bartleby.com/107/illus409.html

Edit: Should have been trapezoid muscles, not rhomboid as mentioned earlier.

does being in uniformed grps helped/

hub_bo said:
does being in uniformed grps helped/

Slightly. You would know the term, "stomach in, chest out" if you were in such an uniformed group. But it might be better to be, "stomach in, shoulders back" to be more correct.

okays.. start training after prelims hahas.. thanks wor..

Hope that helps. Have an enjoyable prom. Don't worry too much about extra exercise for the shoulders. I hope you can notice the difference that I mentioned first, then you can improve the shoulder-blade crossing exercise I mentioned.

hub_bo said:
i gt colour sense bt sadly no design sense. btw saw ur foto-a-day fotos. v nice!!!

Lol, thanks. Hahah.Still learning. Now no time and inspiration to shoot. Visit my DeviantART gallery. ;) ;p

Ooooh.... You design the forms and patterns of th dress, and ask your friends for advice on colour. If dress is nearly perfect but no to your liking, modify. Cut, join, sew... :thumbsup:

Some guys here modify their CAMERAS. Clothing modification is much easier. ;)

ur deviantart de link sae no file found leh... clothes modification easier.. but way much subjectivity not?

hub_bo said:
ur deviantart de link sae no file found leh... clothes modification easier.. but way much subjectivity not?

Oh my! I didn't realise! :embrass: :sweat: Thanks for telling me. Haha.... fixed!

Subjective yes, like any art! ;)
But then again you can design it yourself.:)

panzerpunk said:
:bsmilie: You can try doing pull-ups too
inclined pull up can ? lol

u hate ur sec sch wor?

heee tt one i noe of lots shop blogs can help customize ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.