Professional Photo Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubric

Apr 14, 2002
Somewhere East
lubitelee.blogspot.com
I'm searching for a good photo lab to print my portfolio. Are there any labs or printers who actually help to PS the photos for colour correction, contrast etc, before printing? My monitor is not calibrated and I'm not sure if I'm able to get it done before I send the photos for printing. I've sent my photos to two labs that are well-recommended on Clubsnap, but am disappointed with the way my photos turn out. Please do not start a debate about which labs are good and which are not. Thanks.

In actual fact, most photos turned out badly is because the labs does correction before printing, not the other way round. Try to experiment with 1 or 2 labs and ask them not to correct your photos, then see which you like best.

Thanks, Kit. Will give that a try. I'm also going to borrow a Spyder2Pro, and hope that will help. Totally new to colour management & monitor calibration, so the thought gives me the shivers! Right now, my monitor is at Brightness 0% and Contrast 100% and still I find it too bright, almost glaring sometimes :(

Can someone tell me what happens after using the Spyder2Pro? If I send my photos to a non-pro Fuji lab for printing. Need to get the printing done by this week, so hope so digital workflow gurus here can help me. :)

Thanks, Kit. Will give that a try. I'm also going to borrow a Spyder2Pro, and hope that will help. Totally new to colour management & monitor calibration, so the thought gives me the shivers! Right now, my monitor is at Brightness 0% and Contrast 100% and still I find it too bright, almost glaring sometimes :(

Can someone tell me what happens after using the Spyder2Pro? If I send my photos to a non-pro Fuji lab for printing. Need to get the printing done by this week, so hope so digital workflow gurus here can help me. :)

What's the size of the photos that you are looking at? We provide printing services for photographers who wish to have their exhibition and their own portfolio.

Our services include photo lamination for glossy and matt surface

Any other suggestions about labs or workflow? By the way, are labs supposed to keep customers' images in their computers? If so, for how long? Can we request that they delete them? Will they feel insulted?

Any other suggestions about labs or workflow? By the way, are labs supposed to keep customers' images in their computers? If so, for how long? Can we request that they delete them? Will they feel insulted?

Depends on lab's practise. some of them may keep it for a week to 3 months... touch wood if your HDD crash within a week, u know where to find lor... Labs with heavy use of space, they won't bother about the images, once the customer collected their prints, they will delete end of the day when they do house keeping..

It will be good if u maintain a good relationship with the current lab, so that u can tell them to delete after your prints...

Status
Not open for further replies.