Professional opinions for upgrading of 500d

Best upgrade for me ?

Results are only viewable after voting.

i have used both 650D and 60D. the touch screen is actually not that bad! and the AF of 650D actually feels snappier and more accurate than 60D's

just my two cents :)

its a dilema whether to get the 60D (2 yrs old tech) or the newbie 650D. If you are looking for something lighter, better video capabilities, its has to be the 650D. Probably a simple analogy would be a 5yr old 523i vs a 3yr old Camry. Something that is more prestigious with some extras (idrive, parking assist etc) or a regular jap luxury.

A cousin of mine bought the 60D at $1100+ after trading in a spoilt canon compact film cam through the priviledge purchase program. Not sure if the 650D is in the same program. Give a call to canon.

What a good analogy you list there. Guess both seems comfortable if just for a ride. One definitely have to pay the extra $ for the additional features & older tech & I ve decided to go with that. On the verge on owning a 60d already :D

i have used both 650D and 60D. the touch screen is actually not that bad! and the AF of 650D actually feels snappier and more accurate than 60D's

just my two cents :)

Thanks for the comments. But guess the grip dosent suit my liking thus I have to bear the weight consequences. But nevertheless, appreciate the comments by you guys!

imo, It's pointless to keep waiting for a new technology that is non-existent yet. Get what you need only if you need it now. If you don't need it now, then save the money for rainy days...

Many times, it's the BBB bug influencing your decision. For the list of stuffs you want to shoot, I don't think 500D can't do those... If what you shoot requires high fps, high iso performance, better AF that it warrants the new spending on a camera body, then go ahead and buy it.

btw, "traveling light for better mobility", you should be looking at m4/3, EOS-M, or even NEX systems. The weight savings of those body + a superzoom is much more than a EOS-XXXD + 18-200.

Did consider changing to m4/3. Guess instincts brought me here. & I'm halfway thru the process of purchasing the 60d :D