Problem with speakers, any one can help?

Headshotzx

Dec 14, 2007
Punggol
Alright guys I've got some sort of problem.

The equipment I use is as such: Macbook, iPod nano 6th gen, iPad 2, Creative Gigaworks T3 2.1 speaker set, wires that came with speakers (gold plated jack contacts cleaned)

I initially spotted the problem when I connected my iPod nano to the speakers with a 30pin to 3.5mm connector (bypassing iPod nano amp). Then after awhile, I heard it happen on my Macbook and now my most recent purchase, the iPad 2 also seems to have the same problem.

The problem is that whatever I'm listening to, be it music on iPod, youtube videos on my macbook or movies on my iPad 2, the sound level will periodically (maybe 3 or 4 times in 10 min) fluctuate up and down in a smooth but fast pattern almost like someone's turning the volume knob of my speakers up and down. It's not a discreet jump in volume, but a continuous varying.

Anyone know what could be the problem? My logic tells me that it's the speakers, which I bought in late March this year.

Check your wire/pin connection connecting your iPod or any other device to the speaker. the last time I have this kinda issue, it was the wire. If you have spare wire, try if the problem persist.

Sounds like the connection is loose hence the signal is unstable.

Ah I see. Yeah I was thinking that there was a fault in the potentiometer (physics student here haha). Thanks so much! I probably will contact Creative soon.