Problem with Nikon MB-D10

thltetek

Jul 31, 2012
Singapore
Hi all, I had bought a 1 year old mint original Nikon MB-D10 battery grip from a CS-er. The grip had functioned normally with the shutter button and dial knobs all able to work. I usually just leave the grip on my D700 in the dry cabinet when not in use since I usually use my D700 with grip when I go out. However, today when I took out my D700 with the grip out to take some shots, the shutter button can work, but the dial knobs and aufofocus button did not work at all. Can anyone help me out here? Is there a problem with my D700 or the MB-D10?

Hi all, I had bought a 1 year old mint original Nikon MB-D10 battery grip from a CS-er. The grip had functioned normally with the shutter button and dial knobs all able to work. I usually just leave the grip on my D700 in the dry cabinet when not in use since I usually use my D700 with grip when I go out. However, today when I took out my D700 with the grip out to take some shots, the shutter button can work, but the dial knobs and aufofocus button did not work at all. Can anyone help me out here? Is there a problem with my D700 or the MB-D10?

Try clean all the terminals on body AND grip.... just use any clean cotton cloth.

You need to configure the settings for the AF-ON button of your MB-D10 grip on your camera body itself. Maybe it has been switched off by default

surprise surprise....

My MBD-10 had such problems before. Think it is just a batch issues. Bring it in to NSC to have it looked up. I had to go to and fro (best part is that I am in the USA so had to get people to bring it back to Singapore NSC) before they eventually changed almost everything in there and now it works well.