Printing your photos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsinggih

Aug 28, 2003
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Guys,

I have never tried this before, thus please provide me with some guidance.

I am thinking to ask a printshop to print some of my photos, but am not sure what should I bring over there, should I bring the one that I formatted for web, or should I do a different post processing? Or should I simply crop, and leave the rest to them?

What will be the resolution and size that I should be using, etc.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

cheers!
N.

The only processing I do is crop my picture to a ratio of 4x6 so that my 4R pictures turn out the way I want them to (once when I didn't, the photo shop simply cut off a head!)

And sometimes I also brighten and saturate my pictures slightly. I don't know why, but if I don't do that, my pix appear a little washed out. Might be my camera. :dunno:

I recommend going to Far East Kodak (3rd floor)...their service is very prompt...usually I beg them and they give me my photos in 2-4 hours, price at 36cents/photo. 4R.

Yes, crop your photo to the ratio of 3:2. burn all the photos into a CD.

Try KT Image at Hong Lim Complex. CS member got discount. I dev only 2 photos that time only $0.60. ;)

jimtong said:

Try KT Image at Hong Lim Complex. CS member got discount. I dev only 2 photos that time only $0.60. ;)

how about the resolution ?...

jimtong said:

They don't need a minimum number of photos? That would be good. How long they take to develop?

And how do we identify as CS member? I only post here, am I considered a member?

daphz said:
They don't need a minimum number of photos? That would be good. How long they take to develop?

And how do we identify as CS member? I only post here, am I considered a member?

Just go down there, and say that you're from ClubSNAP!! :D
Right now no membership card issued by CS yet mah! So anyone can get the pricing at KT lor.

jimtong said:

Where is Hong Lim complex?

daphz said:
Where is Hong Lim complex?

It's the complex one street away from the Speaker's Corner. You can get there easily when you alight at Chinatown MRT station.

Thank you! :)

I recently went over there, and met Michele who explained to me what I need to do whenever I want to print my photos.

Jimtong is right, we should crop in 3x2 ratio and leave the resolution at 300dpi (at least).

As for post-processing, they can do it if we ask (colour correction, sharpening, etc.) or we can do it ourselves, and ask them to print as it is.

You need to tell them that you are a Clubsnap member, and the special price will apply. Minimum 10 copies though, or there's a handling fee of $3.00

I love the print out - will go to them again this Friday to print more photos.

daphz said:

Got no choice... need the 2 photos urgently. Normal practice is that they will charge extra handling fee but for CS member they waive off.

For 2 photos, I only waited for 10 min to get my print.

ah... when you reach there, you can request for a calibration kits. It contains some hard/soft copy photos for comparision and a KT ICC color profile.

Hi everyone! My maiden post.
How do you actually crop the pic to the ratio of 3:2?
I do know how to change the pixels to 1800 x 1200 though.
Can anyone help? Thanks so much...

typhoon353 said:
Hi everyone! My maiden post.
How do you actually crop the pic to the ratio of 3:2?
I do know how to change the pixels to 1800 x 1200 though.

One way is to use the marquee tool in Photoshop, set to CONSTRAINED ASPECT RATIO, settings 3 and 2, then crop the area of the photo you want.

Is this possible in IrfanView?

Status
Not open for further replies.