Printing pics in one paper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grifter

Jul 30, 2002
Hi people, newbie here.

Was wondering whether could i ask u all about printing procedures. Was wondering that supposedly i want to print 4 3R pictures in one piece of A4 size paper, how do i go around doing it?

I tried using Powerpoint to put em all in one paper (kinda lame) and the results were pretty bad think the printout was in 72dpi. Is there anyway i could do this in photoshop? cos i tried using the contact print thing where many pics of different sizes will be printed but some pixelization would be seen....

Hmmmm so thanks for any help out there, especially if this sounds too easy for an answer. :D

You're better off doing it in Photoshop. Open a new "paper" and type in the size(A4 would be 29.7mm by 21mm). Type in the desired resolution(150 dpi per inch would be more than enough for A4). Select the mode(RGB, Grayscale, etc). All these are done in one single dialogue box.

Once you get the "paper", open the 4 photo files, then drag them into the "paper". Adjust whatever you need to and do the layout. Print.

Wow thanks for the prrompt reply.

But is there any reason why paper should be set at 150dpi cos i've printed pics in 300dpi before and they look great. im kinda afraid at 150dpi, they may be some form of visible grain or dithering(not sure bout them terms).

Hehe thnks again for any help rendered! :)

Originally posted by grifter

But is there any reason why paper should be set at 150dpi cos i've printed pics in 300dpi before and they look great. im kinda afraid at 150dpi, they may be some form of visible grain or dithering(not sure bout them terms).

You don't really need 300 dpi for an A4 print. You probably won't even notice the difference. Reason is to save time on processing and disk space. I've recently done 6 A1 prints on 250dpi and they still look good. Its really up to you but I feel it isn't necessary to go 300dpi. You might want to experiment a bit.

Originally posted by grifter

Don't worry, 150dpi is more than good enough for general use. I've printed 8 x 10s at 150dpi and they look very good.

Regards
CK

Ok, one of these days guess must go and try the 150 dpi liao :D
Hehe thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.