Printing photos /w poor light conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

itsmywill

recently i hav printed fr a digital photo lab, and e quality turns out to be quite good, except those shots taken under not-so-gd lighting conditions - particularly shots taken with the subject in front of a bright background, which makes the subject to be slightly darker.

the person at the lab told me that such shots printed out will appeared to be grainy (dotted, like those low-resolution prints). is this true? if yes, any way to edit the photo to rectify this problem? thx.

Originally posted by itsmywill
recently i hav printed fr a digital photo lab, and e quality turns out to be quite good, except those shots taken under not-so-gd lighting conditions - particularly shots taken with the subject in front of a bright background, which makes the subject to be slightly darker.

the person at the lab told me that such shots printed out will appeared to be grainy (dotted, like those low-resolution prints). is this true? if yes, any way to edit the photo to rectify this problem? thx.

There's nothing you can do about it at the printing stage when printing via machine. If printing by hand you can try a bit of a burn in to increase the brightness of the person though without seeing the shots I can't say for sure if it would be successful.

It's better to use flash fill at the time of taking the shot to ensure a correct exposure on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.