pricelist is not updated nowadays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcLeod

Jul 23, 2005
Singapore, West
Did I look at the right place or some other reasons, but I find the pricelist in CS nowadays is updated less regularly than before (say 1 year ago) and that the threads are less informative on prices (iso there is nowadays a lot of funny questions)?

You are looking at the wrong place. There is a price guide under Marketplace (the last one under this section). Try to find those threads that have (2009) appeared at the end of the titles.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124

Thanks. Indeed I checked the same place for the canon camera prices under the thread
" Canon Price Lists (Singapore) 2009 ". looking at the details I realised the thread, despite is not appended as in the past, it is amended with new prices by cflee.

OK I start to appreciate the benefit of this method as it keeps the list short, iso having a 20 page price list with a lot of duplicated old data, just amend the post with new data.

Having said that, do they filter off the not-so-attractive prices?
e.g. see below, I am curious if they only got one price feedback on 5Dmk2 in, say Aug09.
Any ideas?

5D Mark II Kit EF 24-105mm f4L IS USM
Apr09 - BC $5199 (w/ GST)
Apr09 - HN Suntec $5199 cash (w/ GST)
May09 - OP $5180 cash (w/ GST)
Jun09 - TK $5200 (w/ GST)
Jun09 - PS-HV $5195 (w/ GST)
Jul09 - MS $5150 (w/ GST)
Aug09 - JO $5220
Sep09 - MS $5150 (w/ GST)
Sep09 - CP $5200 cash, $5399 cc (both w/ GST)

Thanks. Indeed I checked the same place for the canon camera prices under the thread
" Canon Price Lists (Singapore) 2009 ". looking at the details I realised the thread, despite is not appended as in the past, it is amended with new prices by cflee.

OK I start to appreciate the benefit of this method as it keeps the list short, iso having a 20 page price list with a lot of duplicated old data, just amend the post with new data.

Having said that, do they filter off the not-so-attractive prices?
e.g. see below, I am curious if they only got one price feedback on 5Dmk2 in, say Aug09.
Any ideas?

5D Mark II Kit EF 24-105mm f4L IS USM
Apr09 - BC $5199 (w/ GST)
Apr09 - HN Suntec $5199 cash (w/ GST)
May09 - OP $5180 cash (w/ GST)
Jun09 - TK $5200 (w/ GST)
Jun09 - PS-HV $5195 (w/ GST)
Jul09 - MS $5150 (w/ GST)
Aug09 - JO $5220
Sep09 - MS $5150 (w/ GST)
Sep09 - CP $5200 cash, $5399 cc (both w/ GST)

It's up to the community to provide info to the maintainers.

if no one takes the trouble to report the quotes that they received, then how is the price list gonna get updated.
everyone just want to take and not give back once they have taken

Hi there,

Moderators and maintaners at CS are not superman/superwomen to know all the prices in the shops. Shops will not give us the actual prices that they sell even if we ask them to update us inorder to gain them more business. Each shop has different ideas of selling their products, that is by having a competitve pricing which differs from others.

So there is no way we can have accurate data until someone buys something and updates anyone of us. But if another person goes to the same place for the same product, he might not get the same price quoted by the other user due to various reasons that you can guess.

So, it is better to do you own reseach and homework by asking google first:sweat:, and use CS price guides as a reference of the price fluctuations during the past months.

No price is guaranteed always, so what you see here is only approximate.
Hope this explanation helps you to understand better how CS Price Guide works.

If there is no contribution from user/members/public/us we cannot update the prices also. Give and Take lah.:thumbsup:

Thanks for your contructive feedback, we will stive our best to keep the price guide update. All the best for this new year.

Indeed I do not expect the moderators & maintainers to spend full time on this sort of stuff. however in my last post, I actually thought they are doing more than just blindly copy what they receive in PM into the pricelist.

i guess at the end i answered my question when I looked closer to the pricelist that it was indeed actively updated.

why i check the pricelist? e-quote doesn't seem to get responses these days for me. one reply came maybe 3 - 6 months after I sent my request! yes I can call them, but not every time I wanted to know a price means I plan to buy, so I don't want to annoy the shop people by calling them :p

cheers

Hi there,

Moderators and maintaners at CS are not superman/superwomen to know all the prices in the shops. Shops will not give us the actual prices that they sell even if we ask them to update us inorder to gain them more business. Each shop has different ideas of selling their products, that is by having a competitve pricing which differs from others.

So there is no way we can have accurate data until someone buys something and updates anyone of us. But if another person goes to the same place for the same product, he might not get the same price quoted by the other user due to various reasons that you can guess.

So, it is better to do you own reseach and homework by asking google first:sweat:, and use CS price guides as a reference of the price fluctuations during the past months.

No price is guaranteed always, so what you see here is only approximate.
Hope this explanation helps you to understand better how CS Price Guide works.

If there is no contribution from user/members/public/us we cannot update the prices also. Give and Take lah.:thumbsup:

Thanks for your contructive feedback, we will stive our best to keep the price guide update. All the best for this new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.