Pre-enlistees fall in!

When are you enlisting?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually self pride varies from person to person.
the bmt back then in your time is certainly tougher than what we are having now.
maybe if your parents complained about it back then, who knows we could have easier bmt now :D
but i find bmt in mono intake to be whole lot easier as compared to tekong.

Where got tough? Its to make us into a man! ok....:bsmilie: remember, we are preparing for the eventuality of war, so all of us got to be fit and trained enough to defend the country. No wonder everyone says if war comes, all will run away. Only good for show and hope we never go to war....;p Where else in the world got people pay you for you to exercise everyday?

My parents generation are the ones who will give the teacher a cane to make sure we obey and learn. In fact, they will cane us more for being disobedient, if the teacher punish us! Now I don't know if it is a good thing to be lenient, but I am certainly strict with my children.

BMT in mono intake are trained in the specific unit for a purpose, so they are tailored to what your vocation is.

Where got tough? Its to make us into a man! ok....:bsmilie: remember, we are preparing for the eventuality of war, so all of us got to be fit and trained enough to defend the country. No wonder everyone says if war comes, all will run away. Only good for show and hope we never go to war....;p Where else in the world got people pay you for you to exercise everyday?

My parents generation are the ones who will give the teacher a cane to make sure we obey and learn. In fact, they will cane us more for being disobedient, if the teacher punish us! Now I don't know if it is a good thing to be lenient, but I am certainly strict with my children.

BMT in mono intake are trained in the specific unit for a purpose, so they are tailored to what your vocation is.

if is not tough how did you get injured during BMT?
to me BMT actually quite relaxed coming from a person like me who couldnt pass ippt before going in, can say is an easy day most of the time until we crossed over to the offical divers training where i got a "big" culture shock of my life!
to think our instructors still say our bmt is a class tougher than those at tekong...
seriously if you talk about training in especially in an elite unit, is never going to be enough to prepare you for the next stage of progression unless you're of ippt gold standard.
i guess is only in SOC that i ever hear my breathing was so loud echoing throughout my helmet during the last 200m rundown...those were the times :sweat:

NS time chiong suah siong is okay..still can tahan, think back and laugh with your buddies...

what i cannot tahan is the time wasting, the red tape for even the simplest of things, the silly logic of some of the upper management, the ball carrying, being forced to carry balls so you don't kenna extra duties, the wayanging..some idiot regulars...having to listen to the same ones because i don't have choice...the lack of appreciation for your efforts that you put in....and then when you realise you're been taken for granted and you stop working as hard you get screwed..but is it any wonder that happens? deal with arrogant officers who think they're really something with one bloody bar on the shoulders..deal with men who don't want to listen...deal with peers who just want to keng and throw their **** to you (And in the end you still do it because you feel it's your responsibility to get the work done so the whole damn department doesn't get screwed)... people might argue say this is what the working world is like..but at least you have the choice to leave for somewhere better...ns no choice till your bloody 2 freaking wasted years is up...

physical is nothing when compared to the above that eats away at your soul...unless the physical costs life or limb, then that's a different story

still can't believe i was so gian to sign on till unit life opened up my eyes...if i could travel back in time i would smack my past self for ever even thinking about signing on, being enthu about ns and believing in all the commercial lies

sorry for the rant...just can't help but marvel at how we could have been so enthu about national slavery just before being dragooned and how the perceptions change so drastically along the way

hope for you pre-enlistees that your ns life won't be so bitter as mine

my advice, be a team player don't be self centred
if you end up being a man, help your specs
if you become a spec, know that some of the men are really more qualified to be in the position you're in but can't because of silly reasons like not being able to jump for the SBJ..so don't bully your guys..be good to them and they'll be good to you
if you become an officer don't turn too cocky..seen alot of people become like that...and you'll lose alot of respect...the greatest man i know once once washed the dusty feet of his guest with his own hair if you get my drift...nothing is below you that you can't lift a finger to do
if you've sold your soul, i hope you're happy..i really do..it's a calling not meant for everyone

LOL...just came back from Pulau Tekong after sending my younger brother of to the Sunny Island...sobz...nobody to DOTA with me for the next 2 weeks at least.

As I was leaving, I saw a group of guys coming in with their parents at around 11plus...maybe TS is one of them. :) Anyway, hope both my brother and TS will gain some experience and memories from BMT.

Me? Serving my first high key ICT soon in June. Sigh...

my advice, be a team player don't be self centred
if you end up being a man, help your specs
if you become a spec, know that some of the men are really more qualified to be in the position you're in but can't because of silly reasons like not being able to jump for the SBJ..so don't bully your guys..be good to them and they'll be good to you
if you become an officer don't turn too cocky..seen alot of people become like that...and you'll lose alot of respect...the greatest man i know once once washed the dusty feet of his guest with his own hair if you get my drift...nothing is below you that you can't lift a finger to do
if you've sold your soul, i hope you're happy..i really do..it's a calling not meant for everyone

:( i cant do SBJ. everything A/B only SBJ FAIL! :( been training like mad though.

if is not tough how did you get injured during BMT?
to me BMT actually quite relaxed coming from a person like me who couldnt pass ippt before going in, can say is an easy day most of the time until we crossed over to the offical divers training where i got a "big" culture shock of my life!
to think our instructors still say our bmt is a class tougher than those at tekong...
seriously if you talk about training in especially in an elite unit, is never going to be enough to prepare you for the next stage of progression unless you're of ippt gold standard.
i guess is only in SOC that i ever hear my breathing was so loud echoing throughout my helmet during the last 200m rundown...those were the times :sweat:

It not because it was tough. It was an accident and I didn't have enough sleep, ok...:embrass:. My knees swelled for no apparant reason, such that I couldn't bend it at all. Looked like a tree trunk, and even had trouble climbing stairs. Stayed in hospital for a few days, so couldn't take IPPT & SOC test. :bigeyes:

I couldn't and still cannot get gold standard for IPPT, leh!

what i cannot tahan is the time wasting, the red tape for even the simplest of things, the silly logic of some of the upper management, the ball carrying, being forced to carry balls so you don't kenna extra duties, the wayanging..some idiot regulars...having to listen to the same ones because i don't have choice...the lack of appreciation for your efforts that you put in....and then when you realise you're been taken for granted and you stop working as hard you get screwed..but is it any wonder that happens? deal with arrogant officers who think they're really something with one bloody bar on the shoulders..deal with men who don't want to listen...deal with peers who just want to keng and throw their **** to you (And in the end you still do it because you feel it's your responsibility to get the work done so the whole damn department doesn't get screwed)... people might argue say this is what the working world is like..but at least you have the choice to leave for somewhere better...ns no choice till your bloody 2 freaking wasted years is up...

Sounds like most times when I am in my job...;)

If you regular and sign on, you can ask for a change what!

I couldn't and still cannot get gold standard for IPPT, leh!

you know what i'll be happy with just a silver....gold is rather hard to jump to on the standing broad jump portion unless you're a former basketball player.

you know what i'll be happy with just a silver....gold is rather hard to jump to on the standing broad jump portion unless you're a former basketball player.

Yeah, my legs too long....by the time I am in midair, I already touched the ground. My stomach too big to bend so many times in sit-up. Thank God sit and reach is not one of the test though. You need to be like a monkey (arms longer than legs) to do that. I am also built like a tank to be agile enough for shuttle run. I am also a long-distance runner and can't cope with the speed needed in 2.4km run. My bones also too heavy and my arms cannot pull me above the bar enough times...good thing though, I can never have a fracture.....;p

im going in 12th June! BMTC2. any snappers same as me? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.