Pre-enlistees fall in!

When are you enlisting?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We, members of the Singapore Armed Forces, do solemnly and sincerely pledge that we will always bear true faith and allegiance to the President and the Republic of Singapore. We will always support and defend the Constitution. We will preserve and protect the honour and independence of our country with our LIVES!

:bsmilie:

wait, i don't quite get the 15% thing.. :think:
me PES A.

wah pes A good luck to you...pray hard you dont go sispec...or you can enjoy sleeping in the foxhole for a week even in wet weather...
be thankful you didnt get the mono intake letter like me...the only easy day was yesterday...but ord loh...finally.

pray hard you don't get into any mono units after this. good luck.

you all make NS sound so fun. where i can suffer like mad there.

upz.. looks like im the only one in CS enlisting very very soon. (maybe there are others who didnt see this thread)
2 more days!! sianz..

pray hard you don't get into any mono units after this. good luck.

you all make NS sound so fun. where i can suffer like mad there.

you kanna posted to where commando, diver or guards?
as long as you suck it up, is good experience for your mental strength when you look back after you finish ns.
just keep telling yourself "you're an elite, unlike those officers!" in order to suck it up and put through.
at the end of it all, you find yourself asking this "how did i manage to put through? when i can chose the easy way out by getting out of course".
i got injury during attachment so chose to drop out but only to regret it later.
in ns life you need a bit of luck here and there in order to make it through or at least do something slack which is what most people wanted.

Pulau Tekong School 1 huh? Good luck, have fun.. Heard that they're a lot more strict after my time in there..

you kanna posted to where commando, diver or guards?
as long as you suck it up, is good experience for your mental strength when you look back after you finish ns.
just keep telling yourself "you're an elite, unlike those officers!" in order to suck it up and put through.
at the end of it all, you find yourself asking this "how did i manage to put through? when i can chose the easy way out by getting out of course".
i got injury during attachment so chose to drop out but only to regret it later.
in ns life you need a bit of luck here and there in order to make it through or at least do something slack which is what most people wanted.

You know how my platoon sergeant (staff sergeant then when I was doing my BMT more than 15 years ago), who was a special forces instructor went through the US navy seals training. While being punished by the angmoh instructor, he just keep scolding them with all the hokkien vulgar language he knows. When the ang moh instructor asked him what he is saying, he just shrugged and say, " just motivating myself!"

huh! I also got injured during my BMT, so got out of course, but I don't care about being elite SAF, cause its not my career path...;)

You know how my platoon sergeant (staff sergeant then when I was doing my BMT more than 15 years ago), who was a special forces instructor went through the US navy seals training. While being punished by the angmoh instructor, he just keep scolding them with all the hokkien vulgar language he knows. When the ang moh instructor asked him what he is saying, he just shrugged and say, " just motivating myself!"

huh! I also got injured during my BMT, so got out of course, but I don't care about being elite SAF, cause its not my career path...;)

actually self pride varies from person to person.
the bmt back then in your time is certainly tougher than what we are having now.
maybe if your parents complained about it back then, who knows we could have easier bmt now :D
but i find bmt in mono intake to be whole lot easier as compared to tekong.

sorry for the late reply, my brother is reporting 7.45am to 8am at pasir ris mrt. He's going to school 2 not the same as yours... A question though, can family members bring dslr? How about camera phone?

I think on the first day can bring. On POP also can la. Else how to take pictures.

Give Col Ishak a call ;p ( If he is still the commander of BMTC )

Really? I don't wish my cam to be whisked off by the MPs for safekeeping... Any bros who brought your dslr in before for your relatives' enlistment pls let me know.

If not i'll have to settle for my hp or at the least, my FE2 film slr with a 50mm.

sorry for the late reply, my brother is reporting 7.45am to 8am at pasir ris mrt. He's going to school 2 not the same as yours... A question though, can family members bring dslr? How about camera phone?

im going in school 2. 1130. (report at the bus interchange at 1030-1045)

yes, family members can bring dSLRs. i sent my fren in last time in jan '08. saw ppl bringing dSLRs and compacts and hp cam. everything also can la.

omg!. less than 1 day left! i quite nervous lol

Oh...i see...thks for the info!

good luck then ... have fun.. if you're in school2 Scorpion.. i know the WO there.. he was my friend even before i enlisted, and i didnt even know he was a regular ahahaha

anyway, SAF getting strict. sadly, you'll remain a recruit if you OOC/OOT till you bmt recourse, means if u never recourse in your 2yrs of service, when you ORD ,you're still a recruit.. sadly

anyway... ORD LOH!!! 1 and a half more WORKING month to go !!

Lol...what i loved about school 2 is that its nearer to the jetty ;)

I'm from pegasus company...next to the cookhouse, but must wind here and there just to march to cookhouse for meals....

To survive BMT is to follow instructions...simple. Do it and nobody will tekan you. Only problem is that there will be some people in your platoon/section who are deviants which will make life difficult for the rest....trust me...there are such ppl.

If you're PES C9 like me, BMT will be the most "shiong" part of your NSF life. If not, it is just the beginning...

Status
Not open for further replies.