Powershot D10

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanonEOS

Sep 26, 2006
Hougang
Had a hands on this afternoon on the Powershot D10. Interesting little camera. I was thinking of getting an underwater camera for use during my hiking and snorkeling trip in June. Size wise is slightly bigger and thicker than the offering in the market (Olympus and Panasonic) however I do notice that even with gloves, the D10 handle very well. Will be getting one real soon. :bsmilie:

http://www.canon.com.sg/p/EN/1-Digital-Cameras/2-PowerShot/838-PowerShot-D10/

I never check anything related to underwater photo equipment... but just wonder, how will this cam perform compare to under water casing (of a compact camera, say A720)? in terms of ergonomic, as well as picture quality (not sure will the under water casing slightly degrade image quality...)

Hi CanonEOS, its in store already? =)

Anyone taken pictures with this camera to show?

From the specs it looks good. 10m deep should be interesting enough to get some nice underwater photos right? The anti-fog lens is also something interesting.:thumbsup: Oh it is also shock proof. May be a good camera for young children. Shock proof and big buttons.

Has anyone tried or bought it yet?

Looking for something to replace my Sanyo Xacti which leaked!

Got it

No chance for underwater shot yet. Will post pics once I get the chance.

A quick and dirty shot using the default Auto mode

ISO 80
1/60
F2.8

3650093671_0465760a1c.jpg

Last edited:
Does the motion detect explain the sharpness of the subject
or is it simply the flash at work?

Had the flash on . Was quite difficult to catch a good shot cos of the constant motion.

$540 from MS Color which wasn't as low as I hoped. Actually went there looking to buy the Pana TS1 /FT 1 which was priced pretty attractively from the RRP.

Unfortunately it wasn't what I had expected. And eventually, I settled for this and no regrets so far, but the real test will be in the water.

My tots on the pana

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509190

The Canon's grip is much better and with a much brighter lcd screen. The thing I like about the pana was a dedicated recording button. Photo quality wise I didn't have the chance to compare as the PC and monitor at MS Color wasn't available anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.