Portable Hard Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinmen

Mar 16, 2005
I wish to buy a portable 2.5" hard disk, to download photos and some datas, any one can recommand which make and model to buy?

go eastgear look at the compact drive portable storage

SLCC (Stanley Lim Colour Centre) might have another storage device that you might look consider. Its much smaller than the compact drive that I have (which works well but I just find it bulky), but prob does not use 2.5" drive. You prob can pm Toto38 for more details.

Nachus Portable Digital Partner 2 30gb $339, Partner 3 40gb $349

wrx_sti_22b said:
Nachus Portable Digital Partner 2 30gb $339, Partner 3 40gb $349

Thanks all.

Where can I find these ?

if you intend to download thru a laptop I would recommend just getting a cheap usb2.0 casing for just ~$20. Cheap, good and compact but need a laptop/computer.

I got from sim lim cheap portable case (magic box) for 115. This is not build in card reader. But it could attach any type card reader, so become portable.

hi5 said:
I got from sim lim cheap portable case (magic box) for 115. This is not build in card reader. But it could attach any type card reader, so become portable.
Can attach a card reader & download from the reader to the HDD directly?
No need batteries?

if you dun haf budget.. check this out... http://www.archos.com/products/overview/av400_series.html

saw someone using at PSS... i was drooling sia... hehe... can get at memoryworld for 849... not too sure.. have to check it out.. the lcd screen is great... big viewing screen.. saving up for len... i think i have to put this on my x mas must have list liao.. haha..

anyone has any more combinations to suggest?
i'm keen on getting one also.
reliability matters alot.

its cheap storage on the go...

there are 2 main types these days, with and without LCD screens.

The Archos, Phototainer, Epson P2000 are the latest in Digital photography accessories as they are portable disk drives with high-quality LCD screens that can download direct from CF Cards, and with the ability to read RAW files , for instant download and checking.

I did some reasearch and found that those with high-quality screens meet most of the complete Digital photographer's needs, but they are still new, and prices are high as they are new, and face hefty price drops as with all techie stuff.

The Phototainer is the cheapest and you can test drive this at Chamoxa at Funan - it is the cheapest of the three above. Archos is UK and brought in through an agent (in Funan). The Epson P2000 has mixed reviews but is still highly sought after in the US, but Epson Singapore has no intentions of bringing it in.

Do a Google on the names and you will find many retailers and reviews.

U can get it from SLCC. Argosy Photo hard Disk. Its very small n flat. More like a slighty squarish handphone.10 in 1 Multicard reader. 20 Gb. 1.8" Hard Drive. 20 mm thick. Long life Batt, err,, wat else.... very light. transfer rate max-10mb/s

AReality said:
Can attach a card reader & download from the reader to the HDD directly?
No need batteries?

yes. can download from reader to hdd directly because it has battery (built in).

or other option as normal external hdd use usb2.0

both option can not use together. either card reader or to pc.

hi5 said:
yes. can download from reader to hdd directly because it has battery (built in).

Thanks... which shop u bought from?

hi5 said:

It looks very interesting.... I also like to know the name of the shop and also the investment... wat do they use 2.5" or 1.8" drive?

Yappy & happy

here is the shop.. #06-38....for the casing (magix box)...I bought twice,the cheapest around. ....for hdd I bought at #04-02 (fonny), I think it is the cheapest hdd also....
My point of view: 1.8" is new and slower speed of 2.5". Notebooks are still using 2.5" .

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.