Poor Service from Alan Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
i fully understand. im a regular AP customer, and i always go back to the same salesman (small built boyish guy who looks like a chinese compere ;) ), if he's on leave/off i'll wait for him to be back at work.

I think the name of the boyish guy is called Ben, now that you mentioned, I think he looks a bit like 933DJ Zhou Chong Qing.
The other "Nice" Guy is Steven, I always approach him when I visit AP. I won't buy things from others unless I know exactly the price.
Of course, chemistry is important, no single sales person will be "LOVE" by everyone. Just like not everybody will like one shop, thats why so many shops can still survive..

The youngsters over there are more like bengs than salesman.. OMG.. gathering these kinds as salesman, I think the boss must be joking with his annual profit and reputation....

haizz...

i am looking for a dslr system and was checking out alan in funan. i remember 2 sundays ago i went to Alan in Funan and served by a salesman called David. i tried some Pentax products (2 camera bodies & 3 lenses) and a few manfrotto tripods and asked a bunch of questions. even had the cheek to ask David to work out the price of a system. i did not buy in the end cos the price of 5k was out of my budget.

David asked me to consider and excused himself. very polite and professional. i called him again on Monday enquiring about a ring light that he said on Sunday will check for availability. David actually apologised that he could not served me better on Sunday as there were a lot of customers. Asked me to go back on a week day so he can show me other systems (Nikon & Canon) that may suit my budget.

although i have not committed my $$ and still considering, i am very impressed by David product knowledge and good attitude. it is not the shop but the personality of the salesman that counts.

i am looking for a dslr system and was checking out alan in funan. i remember 2 sundays ago i went to Alan in Funan and served by a salesman called David. i tried some Pentax products (2 camera bodies & 3 lenses) and a few manfrotto tripods and asked a bunch of questions. even had the cheek to ask David to work out the price of a system. i did not buy in the end cos the price of 5k was out of my budget.

David asked me to consider and excused himself. very polite and professional. i called him again on Monday enquiring about a ring light that he said on Sunday will check for availability. David actually apologised that he could not served me better on Sunday as there were a lot of customers. Asked me to go back on a week day so he can show me other systems (Nikon & Canon) that may suit my budget.

although i have not committed my $$ and still considering, i am very impressed by David product knowledge and good attitude. it is not the shop but the personality of the salesman.

have bought a few camera things from david as well....:thumbsup: from me.

whne i'm there he advises me what are good upgrades and for accessories, lets me try them out too before i purchase. thts what i call good service.

Yes, I find the Funan branch Alan Photo people easier to approach. And they can explain to you fully the workings of the article.......

I don't like to buy from the Sim Lim Square Alan Photo, strange, same shop but different attitudes.....

HS

You just look at the crowd at SLS you'll know why they behave like that. They just don't have the time to entertain you if you put on a look that you're not buying. ;p Anyway, I only look for certain salespersons there so not a problem.

I think they attend to you well if you are an Ang Mo whom they can chop carrot.

I think the name of the boyish guy is called Ben, now that you mentioned, I think he looks a bit like 933DJ Zhou Chong Qing.
The other "Nice" Guy is Steven, I always approach him when I visit AP. I won't buy things from others unless I know exactly the price.
Of course, chemistry is important, no single sales person will be "LOVE" by everyone. Just like not everybody will like one shop, thats why so many shops can still survive..

Had been chopped at AP in the past too by some uncles there. Cant recall their names.
However i have to agree that when i buy things from Ben, he have always given me the best quote without even to have compare/survey other shops.
Pretty friendly and honest dude to deal with. Recommend you guys look for him if u wanna patronise AP SLS.

Cheers,
Shad.

Hey AP Haters!! I support all of you all. I detest the those rude and look down on people salesman in AP (except for one Mr nice guy in sls name Steven). I went to sls AP to ask for lowepro bags, i wasn't served until i approach a mid age wearing specs guy. I ask him for the specific model and he told mi dun have. Next i ask him whether he got any better bags to recommend, he replied mi saying that he would need to find cause he had no knowledge of the lowepro bags. Then i asked him to get mi a salesman with the knowledge of it. Guess what!! He told mi that nobody in the shop knows it.. I was super angry. Especially when his gesture and expression was super unfriendly..

Kind of funny to see this kind of salesman, But i gonna back to the shop again, I gonna create a big trouble for him. If you are the salesman, u better be careful and be on your mark. I make sure the next time I visit AP is not to do purchase but to shame you in front of everbody.
MARK MY WORDS!!!

Screw up salesman don't deserved to earn the money in sales. They deserved to be cast aside to rot... Earn money with ur lousy PR and knowlegde, BULL ****!!!!

Will take note of his name, shall update everybody in the forum to know about this stupid and arrogant fellow (dunno how high the sky, how thick the ground)- in chinese

ahhahaha:)

Cheers to all who support mi:)
update us on your next visit ;)

i think this post has served its purpose.

just as a reminder - pls, regardless of shops, do your homework.

thread close.

eh...how come this thread not closed yet?

anyway, just popped over to AP at ard lunch time, they were not v busy, and all of them acted as if i was invisible, preferring to serve customers who came into the shop after me.

oh well, they've just lost a regular customer for good.

NW - now u can close the thread.

:)

i always go to AP @ simlim.
and always back to the same person too!!
its seems better this way.
got my flash, dry cabby and E-3 there too.
i agree some aint that good but well everyone is trying to earn a living out there so why not just forgive and forget yea!

hmm lens with on manual, i'd call em and enquire. may be second hand if you're unlucky!!

yea certain stuff they put up are just dummies. happened to me too but well, its all for advertising!!!

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.