Poor at S$1800/Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The prevalent fear of poverty among the educated classes is the worst moral disease from which our civilization suffers."

poverty is a state of mind, to a certain extent ; the real poor are voiceless - they have no computer to complain on clubsnap. most would probably not have the energy either, and the most ironic part is the armchair critics do nothing for the poor..

and every developed country's problem lies with giving the right resources to the right people, who need it rightfully; not just because they complain with a mouth open wide.

Think about it, if we dun buy that expensive lens, use that amount of money to give to the poor.

That day, I passed by this bridge at HarbourFront, saw an old lady selling tissue and when I looked at the type of food she ate, I wanted to cry. I decided not to eat in a restaurant that day and instead gave this amount of money to her.
Good of you...:thumbsup:

"The prevalent fear of poverty among the educated classes is the worst moral disease from which our civilization suffers."

So is "The prevalent fear of the lack of a F2.8 600mm lens among the dslr owning classes is the worst moral disease from which our civilization suffers."

How poor is poor???
I use to consider myself as a poor guy...
1. I dun not have money to pay my College fees when the semester is going to start in a week.
2. I only left 30 pound to spent for my last month in Uk for my degree.
3. I can only eat 2 meal a day during Uni life.
4. I cannot go to a trip where all friends is going.

Then I realize.. I am a rich guy and I am not poor at all.
1. I have a chance to get an education.
2. I have money to spent even it is just 1 penny.
3. At lease I have 2 full meal a day, is better than thou who starving.
4. I am just happy that I am alive.

There is millions of ppl out there who do not even have food to eat, education and even a home.
So, I consider myself a rich guy who able to have what I have…

Btw, SGD1800 is not even close to buying a D3 but it is more than enough to support a family of 2 kid(its depend on ur lifestyle).

I agree what nightmare said… the poor 1 is the 1 who dun even have the ability or chance to voice out.

wow S$1800 is quite high in the philippines....basic here is only S$250.;)

Assuming $1800 if before CPF deduction, that would mean a take home pay of only $1440. Yes, it's definitely possible to bring up a family of 2 kids with this amount as some have mentioned. But I think it's quite obvious that it's not easy to do so.

Anyway, I don't think qualifying for aids automatically qualifies them to be called poor. :dunno:

Well would rather see some aid go to those in need. The amount of help they're getting isn't exactly much to shout about anyway.

wow S$1800 is quite high in the philippines....basic here is only S$250.;)
i guess being poor is just a mindset....and it depends on whom or where your hope is....if you are hopeless, you will think poor thus you become poor...if you have hope in wealth or people, well sometimes you get rich through them but at the end you will still end poor because everything in this world is temporary...but if your hope is in God, although you are poorest among the poor, you become rich in many ways herein your lifetime and definitely in eternity....cheers

i guess being poor is just a mindset....and it depends on whom or where your hope is....if you are hopeless, you will think poor thus you become poor...

"...if someone feels he is some way better than I am because he has more possessions, I tend to suspect the exact opposite. Indeed, I feel sorry for him, because he is trapped by his possessions. We are all constrained in our lives, but the difference between constraint and a trap is often a matter of choice." -- Roger Hicks

Think about it, if we dun buy that expensive lens, use that amount of money to give to the poor.

That day, I passed by this bridge at HarbourFront, saw an old lady selling tissue and when I looked at the type of food she ate, I wanted to cry. I decided not to eat in a restaurant that day and instead gave this amount of money to her.

You have the true spirit of giving. Be blessed.

Jill, you've touched my heart.. :lovegrin:

U can earn 5K a month, but go eat high class fine dining everyday, buy branded goods, spurge on your wife and still be poor, ending up with no much to spare.

You can earn 1K a month, eat kopitiam food, take bus/walk... call only using house land line, and still feel rich because you have lots left to save.

U can earn 5K a month, but go eat high class fine dining everyday, buy branded goods, spurge on your wife and still be poor, ending up with no much to spare
I don't call this poverty, but stupidity if you don't save for your future, and for tough times.........nothing is permanent, not even a 'permanent' job.

HS

...but how did you get a thousand dollar bill, that's the magic question

it states here 240MB of data usage which is silly and so misinformed.
And to realize they have plans that offers 5GB per month going like below $100 is just so sucky.

My dad don't know bout the whole broadband on mobile thingy and he did not sign up for any Iphone plans i guess so im using my old line.

We asked them to disable the GPRS but i guessed they did not do so and hence, the bomb!
I am very frustrated with how they just misinform us and all. And to think they don't have caps on the broadband prices, BOO!

Last edited:
they are missellling the product. report yo CASE. get ur money back! consumer rulez!

Status
Not open for further replies.