Polar bear cubs (Svalbard)

kel500au

May 9, 2015
Singapore
www.kjbphotography.com.au
In June I am moving from Belgium to Singapore so I thought I had better make my first contribution to this forum.

I recently returned from a trip to Svalbard (Norway). These are a few of the many images I was able to capture.

All feedback is appreciated.

i-kzS27VL-XL.jpg

i-bVWkr9c-XL.jpg

i-5m5wDx7-XL.jpg

i-CcV38Tv-XL.jpg

Nice. Rare pics from the temperate/scandi region.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

beautiful shots! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

welcome to our uniquely Singapore and here u will learn many things of our own unique culture :)
and also very nice shots showing the bears natural habitat.

My favorite bears.. Polar Bears!!! Thanks for sharing these beautiful shots. And welcome aboard. :)

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!

I find the composition a bit weird. I would either show more environment or a tighter crop to show more bear. Its neither here or there for now. A lot of dead space left and right.

I find the composition a bit weird. I would either show more environment or a tighter crop to show more bear. Its neither here or there for now. A lot of dead space left and right.

Thank you for your feedback.

Cropping is one of the most contentious issues in post processing. These shots were submitted for group critique on our trip. It was generally agreed I should keep them to a standard format (5x4, 4x3 etc) because that is what is more pleasing to the eye. These have very little cropping - hence I am not able to show more of the environment (in these shots). My plan was to show some of the background to get some depth and colour, and also include the second bear for interest.

I will be posting other shots over the next few days that both concentrate on the bears (with a tighter crop) and in others show more of the environment.