Pls give your comments for my 1st photo posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

i400

Dec 22, 2004
Hi,
This is my 1st posting on clubsnap. Pls feel free to give your comments and improvements that I could make. Thanx :sweat:.

16134IMG_0631scale.jpg

16134IMG_0632scale.jpg

16134IMG_0622scale.jpg

Hmmm.iam really not sure bout de #3 photo do u edit them ?

Hi Diet,

These photos are directly from my CF card without any photoshop editing. I would like to know how well have I done for these photos.

For the 3rd photo, I use spot metering to meter the sky. This makes the building dark.

For the 1st two photos, I spent a lot of time achieving the results as I'm using ixus 400.

what kind of comments are you looking for (technical or compostion)?
seems to me you are quite competent with your camera.

technically: #1 and #2 quite eaily achived by using macro (flower mode)
#3 correct use of spot metering to get correctly exposed sky. nice blue..

composition-wise: #1 and #2 are repeats.. no story and subject to tell.. other then being a rainy day and having messy spots on the window.
#3, no subject as well.. maybe the cranes.. but what about them?
maybe you can consider framing your silhouettes according to the rule of thirds to get more sky

and erm.. you shooting thru a window for #3? the window seems rather dirty.. else it means your CCD/Lens is dirty.

Keep trying! Keep posting! We're all here to learn!

Hi,

Pai, I did resized the images as required by the forum rules. The original images are in 1600x1200 resolution.

yanyewkay, thanx for your comments about the technical and composition. The pictures were shot thru a window and I admit that it's quite dirty. I'm quite new to the photography, how do I improve on the composition? Are there any websites or books that I can read to improve on that?

Thanx for your comments.

:D

How about comments for my pic too:

Original shot from camera:
28oi.jpg

After Photoshop edits:
10gq.jpg

Which one looks better?

first one looks better.. 2nd one seems to have it's sky overexposed.. no more details can be seen it semms.

anyway.. i have edited your pic hope you don't mind..

16134IMG_edit.jpg

I din't do anything other then to crop.

but still doesn't tell any story.. you can try to think of some caption to the pic to tell something about it...

Oh yah.. I'm also just a learner like you. The above comments are just what I feel and not based on any formal lessons.

Hi yanyewkay,

Thanx for your comments. The pic looks nicer after croping. I've thought about the about the caption. The Dawn of Sheffield

remember, photos are more useful with captions. having no caption will leave the viewer guessing what you were trying to express.

Hi guys, I am new here. First time posting an image here. Bought my first digicam last tuesday, olympus C770, from Sim Lim. Been awesome snapping away the test shot. Take a look below

236472481NUBYEX_ph.jpg
My beloved daughter

236472945Hraowb_ph.jpg
A close-up shot using the SUper macro mode.

Free to comment

Iskandar

Status
Not open for further replies.