pls be nice n smile to fellow photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sion said:
I am sure the crowd is the right one.

Only they are not smiling or talking to me. :bsmilie:

What is wrong with you?

dragos said:
but when u are in a good mood, the pics tend to come out better and more creative...:)
agreed!!!:thumbsup:

behyx said:
Actually i'd prefer to think that hobbyist photographers have no reason to be stress.

If this hobby makes you stress, quit it!

It's just taking pictures, and more than often, (for my case) beautiful pictures come out from my cam when i'm shooting in a cheery smiley mood!
Well probably you will be stress if you are shooting for magazine or a paid job, that is fully acceptable.
Singaporeans... I don't know why stress is like a very common thing we incorporate in life.. towards everything!
don't u guys think that we see things very much different when we are stressed than when we are happy:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ?

Friends tell me I have a 'garang' outlook, nevertheless I often find it easy having small talk with fellow photographers I come across on the street. My most lame pick up line is : "so, you on CS?" :bsmilie: .. and we can start chatting.

But I have also come across stuck up ones. The motto of their walkabout is merely to show off their huge lens and what nots... okay, maybe I envy their setup :p hence my sourgrape-ness.

Anyway, I think its a good point you've brought forward here.

Cheers!

boen said:
don't u guys think that we see things very much different when we are stressed than when we are happy:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ?

:thumbsup: I absolutely agree.

About smile...
Give and try not to expect anything in return is my advice. It is not only applicable to smile but all things. Not only Singaporeans, other countries we sure will face the same kind of ppl. Just take it easy... some ppl simply forgot how to smile. :)

Remind me of an incident at clifford pier last week.
I smile at 1 canon user and he just see me and walk past.
I just think maybe he didn't expect my smile,dunno how to react or i am nikon user.:bsmilie:

Take it easy,i have witness some who ask you questions,when you answered them,they just walk away without a word of thanks.

BreakThru said:
:thumbsup: I absolutely agree.

About smile...
Give and try not to expect anything in return is my advice. It is not only applicable to smile but all things. Not only Singaporeans, other countries we sure will face the same kind of ppl. Just take it easy... some ppl simply forgot how to smile. :)
hmm, most of the time in europe they will smile back.. heh:sweat:

zaxh81 said:
Remind me of an incident at clifford pier last week.
I smile at 1 canon user and he just see me and walk past.
I just think maybe he didn't expect my smile,dunno how to react or i am nikon user.:bsmilie:

Take it easy,i have witness some who ask you questions,when you answered them,they just walk away without a word of thanks.
so rude...:nono: :thumbsd:

boen said:
hmm, most of the time in europe they will smile back.. heh:sweat:

Yup, but try Italy.... sure can find quite a lot who do not smile back. :)

boen said:
haha..
i'm a singaporean...
just hope everyone can be less tense.. less stress then can enjoy what u doing.
was talking to the security guy at clifford pier, he showed me where to take the best shot, some memorable icons of clifford pier...and hes a photographer in his younger days too.
when u smile, u can rewards of some kind..for my instance i get to know his story of working in the pier for 30years and seeing his sad expression when he talk about leaving the pier is something that makes me feel connected to the Hong Deng Ma Taou...(Red light wharf)

It is true... it does not hurt to smile back or be friendly. I was covering a boxing championship event yesterday & chatted with one of the photogapher there. Because of that, he told me the do's & don'ts of boxing ring photography & I learn something that day. :)

For me, if I'm not shooting and I see another guy shooting, I'll ususally look at him, think wad he's shooting. If he happens to look up, I'll smile a little, nod my head and walk off.

If I'm shooting, typically I'll check if my ass is blocking anyone. Typically I'll smile a little & nod my head.

It varies frm person to person. Maybe they are afraid that u might 'steal' their angle and come up with a shot similar to them? Kinda like girls dun like to see another girl wearing the same clothes as them on a function thing u noe? :dunno:

But when I'm doing an assignment (wedding) and another chap (not my backup or the official) bumps in, elbows me away with his camera to get the money shot when he/she's not paid, I wun hesitate to bump or elbow back immediately if I'm paid to do the job. Alternatively, I'll fire a full blast of flash straight in his face.

so lets all try to make this world a better place one at a time.. not just fellow photographers but also to the others around u...:bsmilie: :lovegrin:

oh just lately, i happen to see some pics of me, taken by my frens when i took pics of them and i found myself smiling. i guess im very happy to take pics lah :bsmilie:

however i guess it's not the nature of some people to smile at strangers, esp to those you dunno wat they're smiling at, or is it that they're laughing at you or something :confused: take it easy lor, dun smile back then we smile at the next fella who would smile back ;)

Sion said:
The lesson is:

Check the camera before you smile?
Den ppl will be grinning at 1DsMkII, bowing to MamiyaZDs and praying to Hassys. :bsmilie:

jsbn said:
Den ppl will be grinning at 1DsMkII, bowing to MamiyaZDs and praying to Hassys. :bsmilie:
haha..:bsmilie:
:sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.