Please comment on my 1st DSLR Grocery List!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are a graphic designer, and i am a industrial designer. we are all designers.

why didnt i complain for the live preview ? because i do not see a need for it.

why didnt the pros using medium format complain for a live preview ? why didnt the semi pros ask for live preview ?

If nikon and canon did realised this problem they would have done that way long ago den to create one now.

in a photographer's point of view, its a stupid product to have on my dslr. and of course in a designer's point of view. it looks great. but theres NO DEMAND for it.

come on... you are given a 90-10% field of view on your viewfinder, i believe everyone can see what they are shooting, and they do not need a 2inch LCD poping out there showing them.

but as fellow designers. i hope we can respect the photographers out there and the traditional culture.

"One man's meat is another man's poison"

for me. that gadget. IMHO. its a useless piece of junk on the land. but in the sea. yes. its good.... i must say.

i am sure you studied design before. so i guess you would want to reseach on WHY nikon and the big players in the industry are not adopting or replicating certain trends in the industry.

;)

good one there...even high end video camera use a view finder...

you are a graphic designer, and i am a industrial designer. we are all designers.

why didnt i complain for the live preview ? because i do not see a need for it.

why didnt the pros using medium format complain for a live preview ? why didnt the semi pros ask for live preview ?

If nikon and canon did realised this problem they would have done that way long ago den to create one now.

in a photographer's point of view, its a stupid product to have on my dslr. and of course in a designer's point of view. it looks great. but theres NO DEMAND for it.

come on... you are given a 90-10% field of view on your viewfinder, i believe everyone can see what they are shooting, and they do not need a 2inch LCD poping out there showing them.

but as fellow designers. i hope we can respect the photographers out there and the traditional culture.

"One man's meat is another man's poison"

for me. that gadget. IMHO. its a useless piece of junk on the land. but in the sea. yes. its good.... i must say.

i am sure you studied design before. so i guess you would want to reseach on WHY nikon and the big players in the industry are not adopting or replicating certain trends in the industry.

;)

Well i guess you will stick to watching a 24-inch TV than a 42-inch TV then, if given a choice. :rolleyes:

Yes, i agree LCD has its cons, for eg, sucking battery juice.

But hey, if they invent a 1-inch optical viewfinder on a non-pro DSLR, you will still stick to the current puny viewfinder still? :nono:

Sometimes, manufacturers does not want to produce certain innovation so as to save cost or unwilling to take the risk, or their R&D are just not creative and intelligent enough. But competition favours the bold.

The issue here is choice. But where there's demand and if someone take the opportunity to capitalize on it, we will have another technological breakthrough. Those who swear by film, are they all still on film? Or have they migrated to digital? :rolleyes:

But i guess there are those who resist changes no matter what.

Well i guess you will stick to watching a 24-inch TV than a 42-inch TV then, if given a choice. :rolleyes:

But hey, if they invent a 1-inch optical viewfinder on a non-pro DSLR, you will still stick to the current puny viewfinder still? :nono:

Sometimes, manufacturers does not want to produce certain innovation so as to save cost or unwilling to take the risk, or their R&D are just not creative and intelligent enough. But competition favours the bold.

The issue here is choice. But where there's demand and if someone take the opportunity to capitalize on it, we will have another technological breakthrough. Those who swear by film, are they all still on film? Or have they migrated to digital? :rolleyes:

You started off asking for live preview, then now you want BIG VF... we have given you your OPTIONS.. But you're just not taking them.

Live preview, there's Oly

BIG VF, there's Medium format

As for a 35mm format camera, how BIG can the VF be?? It's already 94% for the better ones and 100% for the film cameras. Go try them out and tell us how BIG your eye is for you to need a 1inch VF. Unless of course, you want to hold your camera at arms length to take photos.... :bsmilie:

You started off asking for live preview, then now you want BIG VF... we have given you your OPTIONS.. But you're just not taking them.

Live preview, there's Oly

BIG VF, there's Medium format

As for a 35mm format camera, how BIG can the VF be?? It's already 94% for the better ones and 100% for the film cameras. Go try them out and tell us how BIG your eye is for you to need a 1inch VF. Unless of course, you want to hold your camera at arms length to take photos.... :bsmilie:

Aiyo, i think u people misinterpret me maa..:sweat: :sticktong

I've already decided on D80 maa, just that i thot a live preview would be sweet to have. But since live preview got limitation, viewfinder oso will do maa, no choice wat. And it would be sweet if Nikon can produce bigger viewfinder maa. If dun have, just live with it or try to source out for some kind of add-on lor. :)

Peace brothers! :sweatsm:

Can someone please recommend me a good dry cabin for under S$150 pleaseee?
Brand and model and where to buy... :kiss:
If got link n pic better.

Thankz!

well.. sorry. i have a 42 inch plasma at home and a 30inch lcd tv in my bedroom.

well... LCD Live preview ornot. i feel that, that fuction is pure idiotic and stupid on ANY Dslr. Problem solved. DSLR will never have live preview.

YOu don't have to worry... Nikon D80's viewfinder is very big! :bigeyes: For difficult situations, there's still the angle finder to assist you to do your composition...

Olympus E330 is the answer is you die die want to use LCD composition on a DSLR. Otherwise, Canon Powershot S3IS is also very good...

Take note that LCD may not be 100% good too - under ultra bright sunlight etc :cool: , you can't see your LCD screen!!! Also, if you want to snipe people, you don't want people beside to see wat you are doing, dun you? :bsmilie:

Thanks Youhong & FilterFunk for the reply. :lovegrin:

Well, glennyong, we will see if DSLR will incorporate Live Preview soon. :kiss:

Oly has it for their DSLRs for quite some time already. No one else does it except for their prosumer cams, there has to be a reason why.

Thanks Youhong & FilterFunk for the reply. :lovegrin:

Well, glennyong, we will see if DSLR will incorporate Live Preview soon. :kiss:

there are pretty compelling reasons why the big 3 dun wish to implement Live Preview. u can search online for them.

rhetorical question - if u are a designer worth your salt, why are u even asking questions abt ur 1st DSLR? a workman who doesn't know his/her tools? how 'comforting' to know...

Oly has it for their DSLRs for quite some time already. No one else does it except for their prosumer cams, there has to be a reason why.

it is not easy I guess.

TS,
Anyway, do you know of zigview? I have never tried it but I have ordered it from BHphoto and it is coming this week. It MAY be what you need for your D80. Cost USD228.

there are pretty compelling reasons why the big 3 dun wish to implement Live Preview. u can search online for them.

rhetorical question - if u are a designer worth your salt, why are u even asking questions abt ur 1st DSLR? a workman who doesn't know his/her tools? how 'comforting' to know...

I am a GRAPHIC Designer specializing in Printing and Publishing. Why do i have to know so much about DSLR? :rolleyes: Those are photographers' job. And my current Canon G5 served me well in my job. My tools are Photoshop, Freehand, etc.

Please don't assume anyhow.:rolleyes:
I bet you think those who work in the Bank all knows how to do accounting as well.

I'm just asking for feedbacks and opinions since u guys are seasoned in this area.
Did i ever offend anyone directly? :rolleyes:

In the end, it is my money and my personal preference, isn't it?

it is not easy I guess.

TS,
Anyway, do you know of zigview? I have never tried it but I have ordered it from BHphoto and it is coming this week. It MAY be what you need for your D80. Cost USD228.

It can be quite challenging to be a Netizen sometimes. It took me awhile to figure out who TS was. After a while, i assume it could just mean ThreadStarter! :bsmilie:
So many acronyms to remember... :sweat:

Ya, someone posted somewhere above in this thread about the Zigview gadget. Itz quite a nifty product for people like me! :cool: But i think i get the D80 1st n c if i need such gadget or not. :)

H-RAVlighter%20copy.jpg

hoodloupeback%20copy.jpg

Source: www.hoodmanusa.com

I am a GRAPHIC Designer specializing in Printing and Publishing. Why do i have to know so much about DSLR? :rolleyes: Those are photographers' job. And my current Canon G5 served me well in my job. My tools are Photoshop, Freehand, etc.
Haha... You've answered your own question... :bsmilie: - You don't need a DSLR... A prosumer is good enough...

Haha... You've answered your own question... :bsmilie: - You don't need a DSLR... A prosumer is good enough...

But i want i want i want!!!:sticktong :sticktong :sticktong

Hehe, i think the pictures quality produced from a good DSLR are far more superior than my G5.
And i want to take photography as a side hobby too. :sticktong

But i want i want i want!!!:sticktong :sticktong :sticktong

Hehe, i think the pictures quality produced from a good DSLR are far more superior than my G5.
And i want to take photography as a side hobby too. :sticktong

Well.... most of the time, you'll need to PP or applied some sharpening / USM to the pictures from a DSLR.

The prosumer / consumer normally has applied "sharpening" within the camera itself. So if you were to compare "straight out of the camera" pictures, it wouldn't be surpising that the consumer / prosumer may beat the DSLR.

Understand that the DSLR offers more manual controls and is versatile to "expansion", whereas the prosumer is limited.

Bro.. there a different in home and portable. Home appliance runs on AC mains so we dont worry about power consumption unless you are not able to pay the bills. on portable like camera, we need to reserve whatever power source we have. you dont want to lug along a power generator. I use 4 batteries on my 350D and 2 batteries on my 1dMk2. My gears is at least 15KG already. That is not enough for long trips. The zig view is totally useless IHMO (in my humble opinion) cos the resolution is crap. Unless you are not so particular on sharpness den by all means spend yr money there cos its good for composing yr picture. I spent a few hundreds of dollars on getting my 350D viewfinder enlarged but still failed so thats why i got myself the 1dMk2. I had go through this road and if you would like to go through again knowing it will lead to nowhere, be my guest cos it not my money. Once you get used to composing photos through the viewfinder, you will never look back. The LCD is there just for you to review the photos you have taken and again, the resolution sux big time. i will repeat my stand....Digital can never beat Optical.

BTW we still shoot film. not so much but its becos it too troublesome to get it developed and printed but the results are far far better.

Status
Not open for further replies.