Please comment on my 1st DSLR Grocery List!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But i want i want i want!!!:sticktong :sticktong :sticktong

Hehe, i think the pictures quality produced from a good DSLR are far more superior than my G5.
And i want to take photography as a side hobby too. :sticktong

I've got friends that complains about DSLR pic quality vs their P&S.

I've got friends that complains about DSLR pic quality vs their P&S.

I think there must be really good reasons why photojournalists and all the pros out there use DSLRs maa. No? :think: Maybe ur friends dun know how to operate their DSLR properly? Or they buy inferior equipments? Just my opinion...

Digital can never beat Optical.

BTW we still shoot film. not so much but its becos it too troublesome to get it developed and printed but the results are far far better.

Yup i agree totally with you! :thumbsup: All i really wish for is just a very spacious OPTICAL viewfinder that i can compose using BOTH my eyes instead of one. :sweatsm: In fact, i've been hunting for such an add-on on e internet, so far, no good result. If u search around, u will know i'm NOT the only one who have such a 'wish'. :lovegrin: I think when u grow older, a spacious viewfinder really is a big boon.

I play b4 with my friend's Nikon FM4 i think. But i not a pro, so can't comment much on image quality. But digital makes my life as graphic designer much easier, hehe.

i was a pns shooter and i thought i would have difficulty without the live preview. but then after i got the D80, i never really felt the absence. so just go ahead ... heed the expert advice ... get the camera and start shooting loads!

buy a dslr and connect it to your notebook to shoot teetered
ta da! nice 17" LCD to compose
Yupz yupz... :bsmilie: haha... you want to put on plasma or projector also can... Like that not only can both your two eyes can do the composition, people around can also see... ;p

i'm using 2 eyes to shoot.. one eye on the viewfinder and the other to search for the subject. You need to learn this technic if you are using long lens else you will never get a shot of the bird in flight.

:lovegrin:

I am a GRAPHIC Designer specializing in Printing and Publishing. Why do i have to know so much about DSLR? :rolleyes: Those are photographers' job. And my current Canon G5 served me well in my job. My tools are Photoshop, Freehand, etc.

I'm just asking for feedbacks and opinions since u guys are seasoned in this area.
Did i ever offend anyone directly? :rolleyes:

ur Canon G5 has served u well. Just continue to use your G5. if u think that, just by using a DSLR will get u better pictures, think again. there's a lot to learn about dslr before u get great pictures.

if u dun intend to learn about DSLR as those are "photographers' job", why get DSLR in the 1st place?

ur Canon G5 has served u well. Just continue to use your G5. if u think that, just by using a DSLR will get u better pictures, think again. there's a lot to learn about dslr before u get great pictures.

if u dun intend to learn about DSLR as those are "photographers' job", why get DSLR in the 1st place?

My current G5 has served me well up to the point of its limitation. ;)

I need wide angle, zoom lenses, etc, to shoot pictures which otherwise is not achievable on my G5. And i need to keep on upgrading my portfolio as a designer maa, not just stuck b4 the monitor 24/7. It's called Personal Development. :D

ok.. but take note that there might be a steep learning curve if your're starting out new to photography. need patience too...

After much consideration, i think i may end up with the Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G DX VR AF-S lens as it will cover about everything i need to do with my work. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.