Playing the stock market in SG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometime back, a foreign Chinese channel reported that a family even rolled a relative in a wheelchair into the stock brokerage to open a trading account. Apparently the relative had suffered a stroke and wanted to make money instead of sitting at home useless.

Only a week back, at a seminar I attended on Asia Economics, the speaker says even monks are opening trading accounts; going to the stock brokerages in their orange robes.

IMHO....

I do not worry too much becos there are still a lot of skeptics lurking around, and even more people crying "beware". It does look like everybody who follows the stock markets are aware of the "bubble". From the money flow (Oil money, private equity from Europe, hot money from US, leveraged money and carry trades from Hedge funds), it does seem to indicate that retail money is not totally in (the markets). So, there are still a lot of "foolish (aka. Retail)" money sitting on the side "waiting" for the so-called "expected" collaspe.

If I were to use CS respondents here as an indicator, it does seem that this bubble still can be stretched a bit. When majority of the CS respondents turn positive, and the negatives stopped whinning, then the so-called BIG correction may come. Meanwhile minor corrections will come every now and then.

Even Greenspan was wrong for a few years when he made the infamous "Irrational Exuberance" comment. And this week, he said something about "China stocks may post dramatic drops" in addition to the many comments he made throughout the year, echoing the same sentiments made by Chinese President Hu, Lee Seau Kay & Li Ka Shing..

did i read wrongly ? Monks playing shares ? where did they get the money ? :sweat:

I see the bubble bursting as a result of continuing trade deficeit vs the undervalued yuan. The rising energy prices will further drive US economy in major slowdown.

The increasing tension and uncertainty of terrorism and hostility between Europe and middle east will further push oil prices. The health system will suffer because of over subsidies by governments, increasing unemployment rates due to corporations moving out to India and China will further burden the western economy.

The bubble will burst at the general revision of bank interest rates and inflation causing lower disposable income in US and Europe. As demand from the Western nations decreases, China will face an over supply situation causing an general price fall. The price fall will result in lower production output for exports and increases unemployment in China.

Employment related migration from China and India into other parts of Asia will increase but at the expense of further unemployment situation in destination countries. As burden increases, spending decreases, tourism related activities enter slump, uncompleted multi-billion projects like Singapore IR and Malaysia's Iskandar will come to near complete stop and evolve into a potential fatal burden. The recession cycle will enter 2 phases US+EU => Asia => US+EU.

After hearing this, good luck anyway. :)

You get this information from somewhere or is it your analysis? Seems like very negative leh...;p Hope what's coming is just a major correction and not the enter of a bear market.

just do not be the one to hold the ball when the market crash...

its all about timing....
when u think the market will crash, it rises.... when you think it will rises, it crash...

i have lost more than 10k in shares, can easily buy EOS 1DMk3... and 1 or 2 L lens with the lost money...

if u are clueless, then better not go in... use the money to buy something u like, rather than "give" the money to others...

n if ppl say shares will recover, just tell them bullshit, there are many shares once they reach their record lows, will never recover...

just do not be the one to hold the ball when the market crash...

its all about timing....
when u think the market will crash, it rises.... when you think it will rises, it crash...

i have lost more than 10k in shares, can easily buy EOS 1DMk3... and 1 or 2 L lens with the lost money...

if u are clueless, then better not go in... use the money to buy something u like, rather than "give" the money to others...

n if ppl say shares will recover, just tell them bullshit, there are many shares once they reach their record lows, will never recover...

But newspaper usually report people making thousands.... as only the people themselves how much they burn't.... wah make $100k now har? what abt the 1/2 mil you lost a few years ago.... hahaha... :bsmilie: On avaerage, speculation is always a zero sum game. but many times comes the bad odds. :bsmilie:

nothing to play...
only invest or speculate :devil:

I know of office departments where everyone is trading stocks online, and treat their day job like part time jobs :bsmilie:

Heck, it's just a matter of time before the cleaning lady will come up to me and ask "ah, can use your PC? Need to log on to Poems"...

I know of office departments where everyone is trading stocks online, and treat their day job like part time jobs :bsmilie:

Heck, it's just a matter of time before the cleaning lady will come up to me and ask "ah, can use your PC? Need to log on to Poems"...

Hahaha... that's a good one. :bsmilie:

After she logged in to buy, you log in to sell all... hahaha... :sweat:

did i read wrongly ? Monks playing shares ? where did they get the money ? :sweat:

in certain parts of china, being a monk is a prestigious career and their families are very proud of them for being one. They have to go through training and lessons and hold regular pay. Not sure if the pay's good though, I heard it was meager but because of their frugal lifestyle their pay is practically untouched and save quite a bit.

Though I have no idea why they want a leg in the share market.. thought they have given up secular wants...

from the way all replied in this thread, i think its best that all in here dun play in the stock market. all are worried abt market correction and that stk market gona crash.

But the fact is, there is still ways to profit even from crashing markets.

from the way all replied in this thread, i think its best that all in here dun play in the stock market. all are worried abt market correction and that stk market gona crash.

You hit bullseye. I agree in some sectors when general economy slumps some do better. Example, Healthcare: we sure have more sick people every otherday... the list goes on... hahaha... :bsmilie:

Well, you are right ... now i am waiting for the correction to profit some money too .... ;p

You hit bullseye. I agree in some sectors when general economy slumps some do better. Example, Healthcare: we sure have more sick people every otherday... the list goes on... hahaha... :bsmilie:
i think he meant put warrants.

today opening drop 50 points and recovering back towards lunch hour.. i think the bull is around.

unless Dow and Nasdaq drop another 80-100 tomm morning.

;)

today opening drop 50 points and recovering back towards lunch hour.. i think the bull is around.

unless Dow and Nasdaq drop another 80-100 tomm morning.

;)

Actually, early morning dropped 400 plus points, recovered to -45 points, hovering around here. Of course the morning drop was due to error by DMG, sold DBS all the way down to $0.27!!

Actually, early morning dropped 400 plus points, recovered to -45 points, hovering around here. Of course the morning drop was due to error by DMG, sold DBS all the way down to $0.27!!
I woke up and saw DBS sold till so low....
I guess ppl became nervous when US sent the warships to the Gulf region again.

I woke up and saw DBS sold till so low....
I guess ppl became nervous when US sent the warships to the Gulf region again.

If it is a short period war, shares will drop and recover fast, window for buy low sell high...

was the trade of 27 cents of dbs being honoured by the regulator, SGX ? it is 4 million worth of money !

i heard from some dealers that mostly likely it will be deemed as an error trade, an invalid transaction.

if it is valid, the guy who bought 100 lots at 27 cents and sold off at 23.90 dollars is a millionaire in less than 1 mins of open market trading.

:lovegrin:

was the trade of 27 cents of dbs being honoured by the regulator, SGX ? it is 4 million worth of money !

i heard from some dealers that mostly likely it will be deemed as an error trade, an invalid transaction.

if it is valid, the guy who bought 100 lots at 27 cents and sold off at 23.90 dollars is a millionaire in less than 1 mins of open market trading.

:lovegrin:

the big:sweat: fall is not recorded at all. I have check in yahoo finance and POEMS. They didn't show the big fall at all. Probably only during that short duration.
Fortunately, that didn't cause a great selldown in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.