Playback only slot 1

Zaknafein

Oct 29, 2005
my room
www.flickr.com
Im wondering if theres anyway i can playback only 1 memory card slot when i set the camera to backup To slot 2? It is very confusing

I want the camera to backup all my shots to slot2, and playback only slot1. So meaning pics in slot2 is never deleted or shown in playback, just recording every image i take.

Is this possible? Appreciate if anyone share what you know :)

errrm, wait... leme try to understand your requested scenario here. For all intents and purposes lets say you were using an 8gb sdcard on both slots. The main working sd card is in slot 1 and the sd card in slot 2 would be an automati copy, right so far?

But you wanna be able to filter and delete pics from slot 1 but not have it reflected in slot 2?
An example would be if you happen to shoot 10 frames, deleted 5 frames in slot 1 but still have 10 frames in slot 2?

Is this right so far?

errrm, wait... leme try to understand your requested scenario here. For all intents and purposes lets say you were using an 8gb sdcard on both slots. The main working sd card is in slot 1 and the sd card in slot 2 would be an automati copy, right so far?

But you wanna be able to filter and delete pics from slot 1 but not have it reflected in slot 2?
An example would be if you happen to shoot 10 frames, deleted 5 frames in slot 1 but still have 10 frames in slot 2?

Is this right so far?

Yup correct. And more importantly, i would like to show only slot1 if possible. What my camera is doing now is, it will show all pics in card 1, then show all card2 which is confusing

Yup correct. And more importantly, i would like to show only slot1 if possible. What my camera is doing now is, it will show all pics in card 1, then show all card2 which is confusing
I don't recall if there is such function.
anyway, you can try remove memory card from slot 2 and do a playback, it will display images from slot 1 only.

i think most cameras with dual slots only have a direct backup feature. Meaning it will only make a solid direct copy for redundancy sake.

What you are asking for is quite a challenge, considering a card in slot 1 has only limited capacity and after deleting some to be able to shoot some more, you expect the 2nd card in slot 2 to contain ALL of the undeleted images together with some more new ones.

Not that i know of any capability like what u mentioned.... but i may be wrong. How about writing in to nikon to get the final answer? :)

Not that i know of any capability like what u mentioned.... but i may be wrong. How about writing in to nikon to get the final answer? :)

not really necessary, all he needs to do is actually refer to the manual. If such a function exists, im sure Nikon would have put it into writing already.

Sure b great if there b more options
- delete slot1 = delete slot2
- scroll shot1 only
- scroll slot2 only
- etc?

TS: no u cant,

when u playback the picture, it goes from first card then to second card
when u review those images, it will tell u if the images is in card 1/2

i previously also ask if del slot 1 = del slot 2
but it doest too LOL