PL 15mm f1.7 price

priced reasonably?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thinking of buying Olympus EM10 with Leica 15mm. Can anyone confirm that JPEG works fine with the em10 doing necessary corrections for CA, sharpening and distortion correction? Does the IBIS work straight out with it or need to configure the focal length. Thanks.

Hi Robin :)

1. Using a Pana lens on Olympus does not provide CA correction, unless it's the EM1 which comes with individual lens profiles and even so, the profiles are being updated as we prod along. That said trying out this lens , distortion ; ca wise it's really very minor.

2. Do note that the physical aperture ring on the lens will not work when using the 15/1.7 on an Olympus body. I'm also still waiting for a firmware update for my 42.5/1.2's aperture ring to work on my EM1.

3. IBiS works straight with it with no need for any adjustments/settings other than to switch it on. Auto focus works perfectly fast and generally all is ok except the 2 points pointed out above :)

4. the 15/1.7 and EM10 does indeed go together in a really nice package :)

Thanks for the reply. I don't mind paying the extra for the Leica 155mm over the Olympus 17mm. What about the intelligent sharpening? So you think the Leica 15mm with OMD Em10 is a better combination than Olympus 17mm with OMDEM10 for a JPEG shooter? Or should I get the EM1 instead? I don't mind the aperture ring. I do eventually also want to get the Panasonic 35-100mmF2.8 as the coming Olympus 35-150mmF2.8 is far too big. But I don't want to spend time doing lots of post processing.

Hi Robin :)

1. Using a Pana lens on Olympus does not provide CA correction, unless it's the EM1 which comes with individual lens profiles and even so, the profiles are being updated as we prod along. That said trying out this lens , distortion ; ca wise it's really very minor.

2. Do note that the physical aperture ring on the lens will not work when using the 15/1.7 on an Olympus body. I'm also still waiting for a firmware update for my 42.5/1.2's aperture ring to work on my EM1.

3. IBiS works straight with it with no need for any adjustments/settings other than to switch it on. Auto focus works perfectly fast and generally all is ok except the 2 points pointed out above :)

4. the 15/1.7 and EM10 does indeed go together in a really nice package :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I don't mind paying the extra for the Leica 155mm over the Olympus 17mm. What about the intelligent sharpening? So you think the Leica 15mm with OMD Em10 is a better combination than Olympus 17mm with OMDEM10 for a JPEG shooter? Or should I get the EM1 instead? I don't mind the aperture ring. I do eventually also want to get the Panasonic 35-100mmF2.8 as the coming Olympus 35-150mmF2.8 is far too big. But I don't want to spend time doing lots of post processing.

Hmm, more questions from original ones. :)

1. Intelligent sharpening = sharpening settings within camera? Can also tweak to your personal likes.

2. 17/1.8 vs 15/1.8 : I've the 17/1.8, hence I don't feel the need to get the 15/1.7. I would say get one and its sufficient.
When it was 17/1.8 vs 20/1.7 ages ago, at least the 17/1.8 had a clear advantage in AF speed. With the 17 vs 15, i feel these 2 are very close in
performance though of cause the 15/1.7 is much more expensive.
Getting an Oly lens on a Oly body will also imply better correction and of course, if for EM1 - optimised correction. My images are 17/1.8 on EP5 are not
as good as the ones i get from the same lens on the EM1.

3. If the plan is to obtain the Pana 35-100/2.8, it may be better to consider the EM1 for overall balance. One may buy the grip for the EM10 but end of the
day, balance may still be an issue. EM1 body is now $10xx from Qoo10 time sales, a far cry from original prices.

4. I'm from the camp who doesn't believe in too much PP. I shoot in JPEG and the most advanced editing software i use is either Mac iPhoto or Windows pre-
bundled Image editor :bsmilie:, says a lot about how usable the JPEGs are.

Looks like I'm leaning to the EM1 .. Thanks so much for the input.

Hmm, more questions from original ones. :)

1. Intelligent sharpening = sharpening settings within camera? Can also tweak to your personal likes.

2. 17/1.8 vs 15/1.8 : I've the 17/1.8, hence I don't feel the need to get the 15/1.7. I would say get one and its sufficient.
When it was 17/1.8 vs 20/1.7 ages ago, at least the 17/1.8 had a clear advantage in AF speed. With the 17 vs 15, i feel these 2 are very close in
performance though of cause the 15/1.7 is much more expensive.
Getting an Oly lens on a Oly body will also imply better correction and of course, if for EM1 - optimised correction. My images are 17/1.8 on EP5 are not
as good as the ones i get from the same lens on the EM1.

3. If the plan is to obtain the Pana 35-100/2.8, it may be better to consider the EM1 for overall balance. One may buy the grip for the EM10 but end of the
day, balance may still be an issue. EM1 body is now $10xx from Qoo10 time sales, a far cry from original prices.

4. I'm from the camp who doesn't believe in too much PP. I shoot in JPEG and the most advanced editing software i use is either Mac iPhoto or Windows pre-
bundled Image editor :bsmilie:, says a lot about how usable the JPEGs are.

just got this lens from harvey norman at S$849

just got this lens from harvey norman at S$849

Thanks for the update, was just wondering what the street price is now. Isn't that quite steep? The earlier posts in this thread mentioned low $7XX.

Thanks for the update, was just wondering what the street price is now. Isn't that quite steep? The earlier posts in this thread mentioned low $7XX.

yea harvey norman is usually more ex plus im using vouchers so doesnt matter. it should be around 700 street price.

excellent lens on GM1

PB276167.JPG
PB276158.JPG

Last edited:
and pretty neat on OM-D E-M5

2014_11_27_17_54.jpg
2014_11_27_17_54.jpg

Last edited:
Just shoot more to ROI the price difference :) it's a nifty good lens.

After a recent holiday where i used my old Lumix 14 mm f2.5 and loved the rendering in some photos taken at f2.5, i m considering upgrading to a PanaLeica 15 mm f 1.7.

My dilema is, should i get this lens or just get a Ricoh GR which is roughly the same focal length and lens depth of field ( for that wide open look) ?Roughly the same price if i get a second hand GR.

Any ideas anyone?

After a recent holiday where i used my old Lumix 14 mm f2.5 and loved the rendering in some photos taken at f2.5, i m considering upgrading to a PanaLeica 15 mm f 1.7.

My dilema is, should i get this lens or just get a Ricoh GR which is roughly the same focal length and lens depth of field ( for that wide open look) ?Roughly the same price if i get a second hand GR.

Any ideas anyone?

A BNIB GR is selling at a much lower price than U think ;) I always wondered why second hand GRs can sell for $700-750 when a brand new piece is not much more. After that its more of a question whether u wan another body or another lens for your use. If u prefer just 1 body and change lenses as necessary, then the 15/1.7 or 17/1.8 are both good choices.

Second that.

consistency of shots .....maybe after getting the GR, u will notice that whatever u have in hand needs an upgrade hahaha. For me I get a GR so no need to change lens. I dread changing lenses and missed a shot.

Thanks Keithwee and overworked.

Yes,i'd rather have 2 bodies, one EP-5 with the 45mm Oly and another GR ( Or maybe another m43 with 15mm)
Changing lenses on the move is a pain!

Thanks Keithwee and overworked.

Yes,i'd rather have 2 bodies, one EP-5 with the 45mm Oly and another GR ( Or maybe another m43 with 15mm)
Changing lenses on the move is a pain!

That's very true. Since the cameras are not big to begin with.

Just got my through a friend from Akihabara for $590 all in. Has the local price drop?

Just got my through a friend from Akihabara for $590 all in. Has the local price drop?

Not sure about local warranty sets, but the best deal I've noticed so far is a HK-based shop on Lazada.sg selling export sets (no SG warranty) at S$615, with an ongoing $100 voucher promo, that works out to $515.

Not sure about local warranty sets, but the best deal I've noticed so far is a HK-based shop on Lazada.sg selling export sets (no SG warranty) at S$615, with an ongoing $100 voucher promo, that works out to $515.

care to share which lazada vendor is that?

I believe its Citiwide