Pictures: Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve Outing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Eugene has posted.. pai seh.

Not true lah. ONB smoked JBK out saying the monitor lizard is a Kodomo Dragon, JBK smoked u out saying I do macro.

hahaha.. still say not true.. look at all the pics that you have posted.. all macros... ONB has "exposed" a lot of your doings to me while we were in the park.. :what:

eh Joseph, you forgot to mention aero too! ;)

HaimE>> were u shooting with a 2x TC? It seems that the image quality (sharpness + colours) were a bit compromised because of that eh?

parampita>> wah lau, someone never tell me he is mr macro lor, if not I will go get some tips also... :bsmilie:

yea.. i realised with a TC the colour wont be that vabriant.. added on with a drop of 2 stop will make it more worst .. By the way .. most of those birds .. are on manual focus.. My lens wont autofocus fast enough with a TC..

is it the 500mm mirror lens ? wow

yeah, it's a Tamron 500mm mirror/catadioptric lens. My earlier 2 birds posted were also shot using the mirror. :bsmilie: (shot #2, #3)

yea.. i realised with a TC the colour wont be that vabriant.. added on with a drop of 2 stop will make it more worst .. By the way .. most of those birds .. are on manual focus.. My lens wont autofocus fast enough with a TC..

icic... yeah, i can't seem to overcome the issue of the colours/sharpness, which is why i gave up using my 2x TC. Anyone has tips on this?

hahhaa.. never mind lah.. at least i learn something new...

BTW, i do use KODOMO baby products.. baby wipes to wipe my hands and table...hahahah... :bsmilie:

ohh i did not mean u jbk... i meant MR. ANG:sticktong

yeah, it's a Tamron 500mm mirror/catadioptric lens. My earlier 2 birds posted were also shot using the mirror. :bsmilie: (shot #2, #3)

icic... yeah, i can't seem to overcome the issue of the colours/sharpness, which is why i gave up using my 2x TC. Anyone has tips on this?

if nxt outing u coming and u offer to ask ... thn i buay paiseh liao... my vintage 300mm just dont cut out for the job... :(

ok here are my 300mm shots...
shot at high iso... but still happy coz its my first time shooting with my 300mm. all shots in full mf

2446.jpg

24671.jpg

my very first bird shot along with my very first few shots of my 300mm.. yes i noe its over exposed lol

Should be rather diff... Have tried effect of stacking my 150-500 @ 500 with a 2x TC(f12.6)... Pix comes out very soft. Much better if just 500mm only. But sometimes need the reach so have to scarifice a bit...

here are my shots during the outing.

photo1
jamie1.jpg

photo2
5836.jpg

Last edited:
lol, sure thing. it's manual focus, constant aperture (f/8) btw, so it'll still be fairly challenging... :bsmilie:

woa constant f8? hmm...must bump the iso high... nvm i give it a shot if we are meet for nxt outing :) thanks bro

nice shots ... i was there too but with Haime and another CSer.. Mine shots no editing except cropping.

2009_01240725resize.jpg

2009_01240735.jpg

2009_01240723.jpg

2009_01240764.jpg

2009_01240690.jpg

Wow NakedToe.. not bad ha... your S5pro is superb.... so tomorrow.. another outing???? this time .. we thrash another place.. ha..

Status
Not open for further replies.