2886791579_be2319eed2_o.jpg

2886791581_19acf16bf9_o.jpg

2886791571_cfe8f5a7f8_o.jpg

2886791563_926e368ce7_o.jpg

P1000805.jpg

P1000556.jpg

P1000575.jpg

Last edited:

This is a beautiful shot! Is this a straight-from-camera-JPEG or RAW w/ Adobe Camera?

And did you use manual or Panasonic iA mode? From what I've read it seems the Panasonic iA mode performs better than other cameras Auto mode.

This is a beautiful shot! Is this a straight-from-camera-JPEG or RAW w/ Adobe Camera?

And did you use manual or Panasonic iA mode? From what I've read it seems the Panasonic iA mode performs better than other cameras Auto mode.

Thanks bro. It is a straight-from-camera JPEG. I used "My Film 1" under Film Mode with contrast, sharpness and saturation up by 1 notch.

The shot was taken with Manual mode (1s, f/2.0 and ISO 80).

Thanks bro. It is a straight-from-camera JPEG. I used "My Film 1" under Film Mode with contrast, sharpness and saturation up by 1 notch.

The shot was taken with Manual mode (1s, f/2.0 and ISO 80).

I'm a Canon user so I take it 'Film Mode' is a custom setting for colours and white balance?

And 1s exposure only? I'm really impressed, with my Canon G7 I need to expose the sensor for slightly longer periods to attain that level of brightness to the image. Guess it must be due to the larger sensor used in the LX3.

Yesterday evening went down and got a martin fields screen protector to protect the screen of my my new LX3. Then decided to walk down to the clarke quay and Singapore river to take some pictures. Still not that familiar with the LX 3 and being a good photographer, I just shot with the A mode and IA mode and only playing around with the ISO. here are some of the shots

P1000169.jpg

There was some float display and I only managed to catch one of them !

lx001-1.jpg

lx003.jpg

lx004.jpg

Must say truly impressed with the ISO ability and of course the wide angle lens !

after seeing those few night shot photos, feel like selling away my Fuji F31fd...:bigeyes: but de price for de new set is really....:sweat:

Velasco,
It depends on what you need. Currently I'm using a Sony A700 system with a set of lenses.
I bought the LX3 because of its features, namely the fast lens, image stabilisation and hotshoe.

I realised that my A700 would not do for casual everyday shooting situations as it had too much bulk and weight. I mean, who wants to go out with friends with the bulk there?

The LX3 fit my needs for compactness and capability. I know it won't catch a F1 car, but at least in 90+% of shooting cases, it meets my needs. Good till 400, useable at 800. Fast and BLOODY SHARP f/2.0-2.8 lens, hot shoe. Quick writing speeds to the card, different aspect ratios and useable RAW buffer. All these combine to give me a very worthwhile package.

Hope this helps =) As you can tell i'm rly happy with mine.

QX

2892608104_01c11eba7f.jpg

2891772841_f1a23c160b.jpg

Last edited:
Two nature shots :)

p183357974-4.jpg

Hope you like =) Do comment!
QX

wow .... super impressed with the picture quality...
must go and get this man.... can't wait liao!!!!

share some more pics and posion me... ha ha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.