Picture Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfchrispy

Jun 29, 2009
Facing a funny problem, was looking through my pictures on my monitor screen and realised some are just a little out of focused.

Here's the funny part, when i zoom in or crop the images just a little, the slightly blured parts became sharp. I though my eyes were playing tricks on me so i tried doing the same thing with a few others pic that also looked a little out of focused in some areas and the same thing happned.

This only happens when the picture is cropped/zoom in for the first time. Images become sharper. Subsequent cropping/zooming in doesn't increase the sharpness/makes it more focused.

Anyone any idea what's happening here?

Facing a funny problem, was looking through my pictures on my monitor screen and realised some are just a little out of focused.

Here's the funny part, when i zoom in or crop the images just a little, the slightly blured parts became sharp. I though my eyes were playing tricks on me so i tried doing the same thing with a few others pic that also looked a little out of focused in some areas and the same thing happned.

This only happens when the picture is cropped/zoom in for the first time. Images become sharper. Subsequent cropping/zooming in doesn't increase the sharpness/makes it more focused.

Anyone any idea what's happening here?

I think it's probably causes by your monitor resolution, The actual image are forced to display with low resolution may sometimes not fit and that causes blur. If you try to crop/resize the image same/equals to your monitor resolution, it will sure be displaying in sharp result cause it's actual pixel size :)

thanks for the reply yunhen.

if this is the case, any idea how can i fix the problem instead of having to manually crop every single shot i take to make it sharper?

Adjust the monitor resolution?
Decrease the megapixel output of my shots?

I'm using LX3 btw, and i shot almost all jpeg so every image is only somewhere 3 - 5mp.

Thanks in advance for any advice from anyone

thanks for the reply yunhen.

if this is the case, any idea how can i fix the problem instead of having to manually crop every single shot i take to make it sharper?

Adjust the monitor resolution?
Decrease the megapixel output of my shots?

I'm using LX3 btw, and i shot almost all jpeg so every image is only somewhere 3 - 5mp.

Thanks in advance for any advice from anyone

For me, the ideal solution is adjust the monitor resolution to be higher, this not only will make the images display more properly; it also will make more rooms for doing our task. But how high the resolution need to be? This is depends on your monitor spec, such as refresh rate for different resolution, the display ratio is 4:3 or 16:9 or else...

Make it simple, just adjust the screen resolution higher bit by bit until u find the one that it's comfortable for you, font size not too small and difficult to read, ratio is match with your monitor...

Crop/resize images & reduce camera output is NOT a recommended methods to do so.
We can reduce the images quality anytime, but we CANNOT upscale image quality.

If possible, keep every images that you captured at highest quality, best is RAW format.
You wouln't want your hardwork become an webpage image quality rite? ;)

Problem solved.
You're a life saver dude.

Can't thank you enough :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.