Picture from EOS M

That's was part of my reason on hesitating due to lens. Any small mirror less camera with faster AF recommendation? Thanks
E.g. Sony A6000, last generation Panasonic Lumix G bodies, Olympus OM-D series or any Nikon 1 camera.

Last edited:
Perhaps I should have stated clearly, I traveled quite often, my thought of having EOS-M used mostly for traveling purpose.

I use my EOS-M for traveling as well & the lens that I always bring my are EFM 11-22, EF 50 f1.8 & EFS 55-250 IS mk2...all can packed in the lowepro exchange messenger bag :D

Okay but why not buying a small mirror less camera with a faster AF if that's important to you? The EOS M is a nice camera, I just don't get why it has to be that one. If you don't own EF lenses I don't see the point in buying it. :)

It's true..if you really care about AF speed you have choice of other mirrorless cam with faster AF or wait for next generation of EOS-M :)

Hi ballan and ageha,

Thank you for the honest comment to me.
I get hooked to Canon because they made good lovely camera and in the market for many years, however, the lens was my biggest point on hesitating on my purchase.
Thanks to your advice and realized my actual needs, I am looking towards other mirror less camera (Sony, etc) and no matter which mirror less camera, I am going to start keeping different set of lens.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: ageha
with EF-M 11-22

1) Lights trailing
13892710507_d5fd81c205_b.jpg

2) Center of lights
14076139441_c6f07e40c2_b.jpg

To reply to Ur main question. Yes! I m happy with eos m. But I guess I will b happier getting kit 3 rather than kit 2.

There are no perfect camera. Each has its pros n cons. eosM is a small n good camera. Choose it over my 6d for my CNy visit.

There are people who will complain abt it's AF. But it seems that most who complain don't own it. So well as a user, I can say that its not very fast. But it's not slow either.

One thing gd abt getting a eosM is that it has access to lots of lens and accessories designed for Ef mount. Eg I can mount lensbaby, Diana f lens on it thru the widely available adaptor.

It's a little camera with lots in it.

Hi, is there a reason you prefer a Kit III over the Kit II?
I'm seriously considering The EOS M and will like to get some input.
Had the 7D and 16-35/24-70 MkI, Manfrotto tripod/ballhead but sold all those with the SpeedEx
They were too large and cumbersome for my usage; saw little time outside the dry cabinet.

I'm hoping the EOS M will stick this time; small compact hence encouraging me to venture outdoors with it.
Most of my previous use was indoor, macro and portrait.
I seem to take more photos of my home audio equipment, music physical media, video recording too.
Also take the impromptu food photos and floral shots.
The external mic input is useful for me (though missing headphone monitoring)

just wondering if the 18-55 will be something I'd use.
Kit II at $559 locally seems hard to beat now or is there a better deal elsewhere?
Some used kits don't seem to be priced relative to current MSRP.
Wall of text I know; thanks in advance.

If not mistaken, Kit2 is with the 22mm lens. Which is slowest among the 3 ef-m lens.
Kit3 come with 2 lenses and the 90ex flash.

Last edited:
Taken earlier just after sunset with kit 18-55stm lens.

14168298495_de075402d8_b.jpg

EOS M + 55-250 Mark2

14150732126_57caa25802_c.jpg

14170584841_e6931cd156_c.jpg