Photos from ClubSNAP IR Outing 9 July 2010 with Dibyo Gahari

I work with JPEG imiage, don't shoot RAW.

Duo Tone:- CS3, top menu -
1. Image>Mode>Gray Scale. Choose Discard Colors. Photo will change to BnW/Gray Scale.
2. Image>Mode?DuoTone. Window opens, choose the type of duo tone you want. I use the default of black/pantone. You can click on the colors for variations. I choose this for the sepia like effect.
3. Image>Mode>RGB. Change image back to RGB.
You should see the duotone effect in your photo.

Gaussian Blur:-
1. Filters>Blur>Gausian Blur.
I use 30% blur.
Adjust the Radius for the amount of blur you want.
That it.

Of course you can use layering for non destructive PP. But I'm too lazy so do direct PP.

Need more info let me know.

Thanks, Teerex, for such detail steps for me. I will try out this method on my PP.

I work with JPEG imiage, don't shoot RAW.

Duo Tone:- CS3, top menu -
1. Image>Mode>Gray Scale. Choose Discard Colors. Photo will change to BnW/Gray Scale.
2. Image>Mode?DuoTone. Window opens, choose the type of duo tone you want. I use the default of black/pantone. You can click on the colors for variations. I choose this for the sepia like effect.
3. Image>Mode>RGB. Change image back to RGB.
You should see the duotone effect in your photo.

Gaussian Blur:-
1. Filters>Blur>Gausian Blur.
I use 30% blur.
Adjust the Radius for the amount of blur you want.
That's it.

Of course you can use layering for non destructive PP. But I'm too lazy so do direct PP.

Need more info let me know.

hi,

this effect i like.. very nice..

thanks for the workflow, will try it on my goldie..

hi,

this effect i like.. very nice..

thanks for the workflow, will try it on my goldie..

Works well with any filter, including color photos as it strips off all colors from the original photo.

But I think won't be able to achieve white foliage from color photos. Have not tried it though.

Share when you have tried.

Thank you very much, SK1968.
There is another one, the latest flippable Zigview S2 for Nikon cameras.
Price is US$150, not including shipping.
This price sounds not bad, considering it's the newer generation rotatable, flippable LCD screen.
Here is the link on ebay

You are welcome. This piece of gadget sure is tempting...good for that low angle shots for cameras that don't have tiltable liveview screens...mine doesn't even have liveview :( Definitely good in avoiding back injury..haha.

Wooo... i am also interested to have this very useful gadget.. ;p

Will someone from this group post something in the "Member Non-Profit Mass Orders" @ http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106, so that we all can buy/have it for ourselves together to save shipping cost?

Good idea!! I shall keep a look out for that.

Hi bros,

i'm late. but here's my pic for the outing.

4785147120_04967ac4d5_b.jpg

Never late, never late, KT1031!
I seem to have something for bridges... hahaha...
I really like this one!

Ok, this one is my go at Teerex's PP.
Used Duotone for this one.
Gaussian blurred.
But like my usual uncontainable self, I can't help but keep some parts sharp and colour balanced for clothings with skin tone rendered with Hue and Saturation.
Not sure how this outcome is as I am very new to this style of PP. But it is exciting indeed, what Teerex has instructed.

4786761061_3d23b785ee_b.jpg

hi,

i tried the pp workflow on my goldie.. but the blur i put 15% only..

i got this.. dunno correct anot..

35263_410831361244_656901244_5085168_94950_n.jpg

My opinion is the blur is a bit too much. 15% is quite low, try adjusting the Radius to vary the amount of blur.
You may want to select a darker tone of brow/pantone in the duo tone menu if you want a more sepia feel.

Last edited:
Ok, this one is my go at Teerex's PP.
Used Duotone for this one.
Gaussian blurred.
But like my usual uncontainable self, I can't help but keep some parts sharp and colour balanced for clothings with skin tone rendered with Hue and Saturation.
Not sure how this outcome is as I am very new to this style of PP. But it is exciting indeed, what Teerex has instructed.

Swee leh :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Xmm... Taken at Hall 6 with D50 IR, 70300VR and a mod Ir flash...")

4777599482_d69ff7fce2.jpg

Lx3chuA-- Do you have the pp steps about skin tones? I am trying to overcome the skin tones on goldie. Been experimenting alots. So far white balance on brown( try once, but cannot confirm) produce good skin tones.

Gaussian blur help to mask some details, but sometimes need to mask back details on main focus of the subject.

[/QUOTE]

Gaussian blur help to mask some details, but sometimes need to mask back details on main focus of the subject.

I see, so maybe what I should do is keep all the people sharp and the background Gaussian blurred?
As this was my first attempt with Gaussian Blurring and IR, I tried to do a little blur on everyone, except to keep SereneXMM sharp and coloured so that she stands out...
Hehe... newbie newbie..
Thanks so much for your advice, airforce1!

looks like a great outing :)

anyways my old friends...i am back in town....so let me know when you guys wanna meet up for dinner along with karfee! i'm still at the same number.

Wow, I am loving the pics! I have been shooting with a D50ir and now a Panny G1ir for a couple of years, all lovingly modded by bro Fatigue, and I am itching to go for an IR group shoot, pls plan the next one on a weekend!

Wow, I am loving the pics! I have been shooting with a D50ir and now a Panny G1ir for a couple of years, all lovingly modded by bro Fatigue, and I am itching to go for an IR group shoot, pls plan the next one on a weekend!

You are welcome to join outing. Next is coming soon. Keep your finger cross.

Lx3chuA-- Do you have the pp steps about skin tones? I am trying to overcome the skin tones on goldie. Been experimenting alots. So far white balance on brown( try once, but cannot confirm) produce good skin tones.

Sorie bro just saw question... I tin I did use brown as my WB. Also I am using the Nik plug in software in PS CS4 to get this skin tone...:)

Is this skin tone ok? :)

hi,

i did checked with dibyo about the skin tone.. he told me to set CWB to black/white or grey..

but i haven try yet cos no models for me to shoot..