Photography etiquette question

Status
Not open for further replies.
AReality said:
worst come to worst, U go chase away the subject.
If I cannot have, I dun wan anyone else to have also.

Wah! :sweat: Jeff ran away.

Parallel said:
Smile and you can make a new friend.

Really !? ha !! you be surprise with the reply you got back man. some of these people really no manners. was at SBG doing macro and these group of people come along and starting positioning the flowers and one even got a stick to chase the insects into position !! then he chase away the dragonfly I've set my set-up with and I told him "hello, I'm shooting the dragonfly, pls do not disturb it". he reply that this is a open space man. WTF, I told him off and one of his friend come along and say sorry. they belong to some photo clubs or such. ha ! i forget to ask wat club man !!

Not "SKUIS? XIO AH" :bsmilie:

Set your flash to slave and help him OVER expose his shots lor :)

actually in general sense, when shooting macros, dun think anyone can come inbetween the photog and the subject lah.. you have to be quite close when shooting Macros... so this situation should be applied to public shooting like fashion shows and free standing arenas.

I'll be quite pissed if someone push his way in front when I have my spot...... perhaps a swing of the zoom lens to his head will wake him :think: :devil:

[True Story as experienced by yours truly @ SBG Extension near the former NIE]

Mgt - Management Staff
V - Myself

Mgt1 - "Eh. Excuse me. I was told that you are creating a disturbance here."

V - "Me?" (Standing up from where I was adjusting my camera)

Mgt2 - "Our Dean told us that she saw you carrying a bomb or a weapon of some sort into the garden." (pensive looking)

V - "WHAT?! What bomb? What weapon?"

Mgt2 - "There. That thing you have there."

V - "It's a camera for heaven's sake. Shove off." (by this time, my subject of an ant moved back down the flower petal - and out of my composition ideal)

Mgt1 - "I inisist that I take over your 'camera'."

V - "You're all very well-taught and educated people, right? Where's the Dean? I will sc**w her myself."

Mgt1 - "Look, we're not stupid. Most cameras have a lens and a body. You have something else."

V - (All hope of saving humanity with a bit of love was dashed to the ground) "Something else? It says Nikkor here! It's a lens and some stuff from them too!"

Mgt2 - "We know Nikon not Nikkor. You imposter!"

V - (Veins popping out and now the flower is slowly being dissected by a group of ants) Let me speak to your dean. I don't want to waste my time with dirt like you."

VincentLin said:

Mgt - Management Staff
V - Myself

Mgt2 - "Our Dean told us that she saw you carrying a bomb or a weapon of some sort into the garden." (pensive looking)

V - "It's a camera for heaven's sake. Shove off." (by this time, my subject of an ant moved back down the flower petal - and out of my composition ideal)

V - "You're all very well-taught and educated people, right? Where's the Dean? I will sc**w her myself."

Mgt1 - "Look, we're not stupid. Most cameras have a lens and a body. You have something else."

V - (All hope of saving humanity with a bit of love was dashed to the ground) "Something else? It says Nikkor here! It's a lens and some stuff from them too!"

V - (Veins popping out and now the flower is slowly being dissected by a group of ants) Let me speak to your dean. I don't want to waste my time with dirt like you."

hahahah.... but reminded me of the lame excuse that a certain country gave for firing its tank/ weapon at a war journalist, causing his life. He was carrying a white lens for God sake...

Jeff said:
If you are shooting a small subject with a macro setup and all of a sudden, another "friendly" photographer whom you do not know just position his/her lens in front of your lens, thereby blocking your view, what would you do? What would be a good way of presenting your displeasure with such "friendly" behavior?

If the person is a lady photographer, I'll let her shoot first.

VincentLin said:

Mgt - Management Staff
V - Myself

wah kaoz...win liao lor...

Minoxman said:
If the person is a lady photographer, I'll let her shoot first.

I think man or lady, both should have some basic manners. We are all homo, aren't we? Anyway I just walked away. :D

Jeff said:
I don't think "stupid" is the word. It's a matter of courtesy.

;) I was referring to stupid as in 'suicidal' because anyone who tries to muscle in front of me to take a shot without asking first is heading for a date with an ambulance :devil:

Courtesy seems to be something that is dying in the west at present, lots of folks think that because they are a legend in their own lunchtime at work that they can treat others as slaves etc when out and about. Rudness and queue jumping etc are now common place where 20 years ago it was rarely seen. It's an attitude I really can't stand.

As for me in real life, well apart from the odd press crush where anything goes anyway I never have problems with people trying to get in front of me as I'm a big guy physically and seem to give off an aura of 'don't f*** with me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.