Photography Courses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shah

Sep 5, 2005
Singapore, Singapore
Hi guys..

Currently i`m looking for a good photography course which provides certificates at the end of the course..

Currently, i can only find the ones provided by SLCC..
Can anyone give me their experiences like how good is it and did the achieved certificate allow u to get jobs or anything?

I love taking pictures and in my pc..abt 20 gigs are taken up by pictures..haha..
feel free to visit my picture website.. http://socks.multiply.com

Please note that these pics are jus plain ol pictures i took during events..

Little or no artistic influences in it..jus snap snap and snap....haa

I want to upgrade my skills and put it to good use...

I am now using a 4 year old Cannon Ixus V2 whose battery life is only 15mions..haha

Am willing to upgrade my camera to an SLR..but need to look for a good and proper course first...

Thanx guys...

does the 2 courses provide certificates?..can`t seem to find anything abt it...

Shah said:
does the 2 courses provide certificates?..can`t seem to find anything abt it...

Yes they do. Upon completion of the courses, you'll have to submit a few prints for assessment. If you pass, you'll get a certification. If your set of prints is the best of the lot, you'll also be given a "Best Student" certificate.

Beats me why you want certificates? Is it for trade purposes or do you just to shoot for satisfaction. If the latter, then who cares if you have certificate or not.

Attend the talk by JMP
"Photography Talk for Beginners, by Joseph KS Tan (Hon.FMPA)" or give him a ring. U can ask about the courses he conducts.

syl said:
Beats me why you want certificates? Is it for trade purposes or do you just to shoot for satisfaction. If the latter, then who cares if you have certificate or not.

well..will never noe when the certificate come in handy...plan to find a job in these fields...no harm having it on hand....

Shah said:
well..will never noe when the certificate come in handy...plan to find a job in these fields...no harm having it on hand....

Hi there,

PSS will issue out the certificates depending on the courses that you are taking. Usually, they will give you the certificates after you successfully submit a portfoilo upon completion of the course (based on the requirements of the course).

Objective. One of the best school that I know of. location at seah street.

Shah said:
Hi guys..

Currently i`m looking for a good photography course which provides certificates at the end of the course..

Currently, i can only find the ones provided by SLCC..
Can anyone give me their experiences like how good is it and did the achieved certificate allow u to get jobs or anything?

I love taking pictures and in my pc..abt 20 gigs are taken up by pictures..haha..
feel free to visit my picture website.. http://socks.multiply.com

Please note that these pics are jus plain ol pictures i took during events..

Little or no artistic influences in it..jus snap snap and snap....haa

I want to upgrade my skills and put it to good use...

I am now using a 4 year old Cannon Ixus V2 whose battery life is only 15mions..haha

Am willing to upgrade my camera to an SLR..but need to look for a good and proper course first...

Thanx guys...

Friend, in this line the certificate is not really important but your skill come first! If i employ a certificate but not your skill and creativity and you can't work for what i want than for what???? So, learn more you will know why i said this! More important is the instructor willing to share his " kong Fu" or not!

Well... I know they give Certificate but is Certificate of Attendance... didnt know certificate helps too~ Perhaps I should attend many of these courses to show my potential customers my certificates rather than my portfolios and get them to pay higher rates!

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Toto38 said:
Friend, in this line the certificate is not really important but your skill come first! If i employ a certificate but not your skill and creativity and you can't work for what i want than for what???? So, learn more you will know why i said this! More important is the instructor willing to share his " kong Fu" or not!

i noe what u mean....but my intention is to have both the talent and certificate...not relying solely in the certificate....

future employers will want to see my portfolio and skills....and if they ask if there is anything else i can show them..i can jus show them the cert saying that i`ve attended courses...

i hope u get what i mean too...

Shah said:
i noe what u mean....but my intention is to have both the talent and certificate...not relying solely in the certificate....

future employers will want to see my portfolio and skills....and if they ask if there is anything else i can show them..i can jus show them the cert saying that i`ve attended courses...

i hope u get what i mean too...

Actually, i think the portfolio will speak more for themselves..and, no offense to any of the clubs here, but IF any employer wants to see certs, they should be seeing degree in photography.

As far as i remember....dun think anyone I know who is shooting for $$ now holds any cert.......

act if u really want a related job, a portfolio is more important than a cert imho...

Status
Not open for further replies.