Photographer's wages according to ecarrers.sg

The pay for a Mass Communications degree graduate in a newspaper company in Singapore is slightly under $2.5k starting pay.

$2.5k is actually big oredi if fresh grad

Not a large percentage of the cohort manages to get into the big companies like SPH or Mediacorp though, many end up freelancing for a bit before gaining entry.

The pay for a Mass Communications degree graduate in a newspaper company in Singapore is slightly under $2.5k starting pay.

You don't have to obtain exceptional grades for that, it all depends on which firm you get into. Opportunity, initiative and personality can get you a job that others can only dream about, including those who topped their cohort in school.

You can attend more career talks to see what is out there, and decide which path best suits you; it is not always the subject you majored in. For example, with that kind of salary I am sure your senior is not in an accounting firm. :p

actually one of my senior, he's done exceptionally well in his uni years, starting pay >$5k.. I'm not joking.. He's an accounting graduate..

You don't have to obtain exceptional grades for that, it all depends on which firm you get into. Opportunity, initiative and personality can get you a job that others can only dream about, including those who topped their cohort in school.

You can attend more career talks to see what is out there, and decide which path best suits you; it is not always the subject you majored in. For example, with that kind of salary I am sure your senior is not in an accounting firm. :p

Hmm, this is true.. while degree is the prerequisite, i am a strong believer that it is much more than a degree that determine what we become.. but sadly, mostly, they look at degree first, formality on top of practicality.. i just saw a video about entrepreneurship by Guy kawasaki, one of Apple's evangelists, he's not academically superb but determinations and innovative ideas he got brought him to where he is today.. I realise that is it more about the attitude, just like what others have adviced me before in this thread..

uhmm.. he's in GIC.. :sweat:
he just bought a condo..

Not a large percentage of the cohort manages to get into the big companies like SPH or Mediacorp though, many end up freelancing for a bit before gaining entry.

I'd wager a majority also fail to realise that SPH and Mediacorp aren't the only major media outlets with regional HQs in Singapore, through anecdotes that I've had the chance to hear.