Photographer needed urgently!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sesame_street98

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am just helping my friend who is looking for photographer as I cannot make it due to my work.
The shooting will be on Monday 29/11.

You will be shooting for a poster needed for a theatre show: Chicken Rice War. The shot will be outdoor (maybe some coffee shops). The director will be there as well to give the poses. However, the photographer is welcome to give ideas on the spot or even brainstorm before the shooting as well.

The pros: It will be a great opportunity for your portfolios. The client if I am not wrong is Parco Bugis. And you will be shooting artist (not sure who but you can ask my friend personally).

The cons: The budget is $200

Please dun let flame me and post comments on how ridicolous is the pay blah blah blah. This is not my project and I am simply helping my friend. Let others decide whether they want to undertake the job. Do note that it is a great opportunity for your portfolio I will do it myself if not for my work.

Do pm me your portfolio and the selected ones will contacted by my friend for further discussion on Saturday (tom).
You will be given the script before the shooting so you can have some ideas on the style and directions.

excellent opportunity to shoot stills for movie.

reachme2003 said:
excellent opportunity to shoot stills for movie.
i meant theatre.

Update, great opportunity to learn. :cool: $200 bucks for even 1 day 9 hours is good enough. Too bad i don't think i am qualified enough. :embrass:

U may need to state the size of poster, I think the 5M/6M pixel cameras are not good enough for big poster.....

Astin said:
U may need to state the size of poster, I think the 5M/6M pixel cameras are not good enough for big poster.....

FYI, a 6M image from a Leaf scanback is more than enough for a 40x60" poster ;)

Or you can use PS to interpolate a 6M file say from a D70 or 10D and voila, you have 400M file to print a big big poster.

Boils down to what quality the client wants, frankly. Someone might use digital/ scan back to shoot this 200-bucks-assignment, who knows :D

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the reply. I have no idea on how big of a poster they are looking at. This one you need to check with my friend.

I have received a nos of pms and I will be shortlisting 3 photogs to be passed to my friend. She will be contacting you soon regarding the photoshoot.

Some of you ask about the length of the shooting. The director is looking at completing the shooting in 1 hr. To me thats rather impossible. We will see how long will it take on the day itself.

Will be contacting the shortlisted ones by tonight and passing her your contact as well as your portfolio. She will be the one deciding. Thanks for those who has contacted me!

Hi everyone.

Thanks so much for your warm response. I have shorlisted some photogs and passed your contacts to my friend. I decided to let my friend do the contacting rather than me.

Just a few tip for you guys next time:
1. Do leave your contact nos. It is rather inconvenient for the client to find contact in your website or even ask you first. Time sometimes is precious.

2. Do leave your online portfolio. It will be easier for us to shortlist.

3. Do tell a bit about urself. If you have no experience do tell on your style or even ideas about the shooting.

Thats all. Thanks so much for those who replied and I wish you all good luck!

This thread is now closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.