PhotoAid XXI: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Operation mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very BIG BIG BIG THANK YOU to all those who came down to help out! I couldn't put a face to the names I've been introduced to. I'm very very sorry for that.

Good job guys...and great to meet you all especially the few pretty female CSer....now who say we do not have female Cser joining our outing? :lovegrin:

A very BIG BIG BIG THANK YOU to all those who came down to help out! I couldn't put a face to the names I've been introduced to. I'm very very sorry for that.

You and me both...but I think the sharing of the common goal is what is most important at this time....the who is who part will take care of itself over CS heheh...

It was great working with those Imet that day...here's looking forward to the other weeks to come.

HUGE THANKS to all who helped in the fund raising in one way or other!!!

2 more weekends to go, we hope the event has endeared in the hearts of volunteerism. Its nice to know people who have sacrificed thier time for a good cause.

Have a good rest and we "battle" the heat the next 2 weeks.

cheers.:cool:

Phew.... hot day indeed.

Nice meeting all the core members and the rest of the volunteers.

Here are some of the photos for Shift B:

#1 - The Pass....
IMAG0031.jpg

#2 - Attempting to block the wind ...
IMG_4193.jpg

#3 - Hmm....
IMG_4197.jpg

#4 - All for a cause...
IMG_4201.jpg

#5 - Hey the food is good!...
IMG_4204.jpg

#6 - Ring Flash (cum search light) fun...
IMG_4211.jpg

#7 - Erh ...
IMG_4222.jpg

#8 - Yay!...Finally!
IMG_4232-rs.jpg

#9 - All for a good cause and everything draws to a close for weekend 1.
IMG_4236-rs.jpg

Will be emailing to eikin #8 & #9's full res should any 1 want a copy.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/348548/1/.html

SINGAPORE: A group of photography enthusiasts is helping to raise funds for the Myanmar cyclone victims in a way they know best – taking pictures.

The project, called "PhotoAid", is organised by Clubsnap Photography with partners like Nikon and Epson.

Visitors at the Merlion Park can have their pictures taken at a cost of S$10 per 4R photo.

The proceeds from the sale of the photos will be channelled to The Salvation Army Myanmar Cyclone Disaster Relief Fund to help the victims of Cyclone Nargis.

Over 40 photographers have volunteered for the project over three weekends from May 17 to June 1. So far, they have raised about S$3,000.

The last time the photographers held such an event was in 2005 when they raised S$13,000 for the tsunami victims.

- CNA/so

:think:

Just came across this thread.

The camaraderie and spirit of sharing and was really great!

Pic Pic Pic... i dunno if my Lightroom color blind or my Windows screw up... color go haywire, put side by side the difference in contrast and color darn visible for a color handicap like me...

Towkay Sjourn...

Status
Not open for further replies.