photo studio in thailand,any advice will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a thread started by him: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=512755

Even if you draft a legal document to transfer the rights of the proxy thai shareholders to you, it will not mean anything in court as you are in breach of basic laws already. Also you need to be careful in transfering funds from the Thai entity because of withholding tax issues (as much as 30%).

huh?like that even draft this also no use,than draft for what .??also u mean the tax goes as high as 30% of the profit or 30% of the total income?pls advice.thanks

I'm a thai but living in singapore too. talk about dindeang area which side is it? in general if you want to run a business there with small shop, I might say it is possible to starts your business but how cheap of your products and what's a different form other places!! lots of items there cheaper than singapore and more competitors...think about it twice. If you have an answer then talk to me.ieieieie
cheers.

I'm a thai but living in singapore too. talk about dindeang area which side is it? in general if you want to run a business there with small shop, I might say it is possible to starts your business but how cheap of your products and what's a different form other places!! lots of items there cheaper than singapore and more competitors...think about it twice. If you have an answer then talk to me.ieieieie
cheers.

sawadeekrap,
dindeang,the side near the market.
i would say there will be a different.a 3 in1 shop.price wise i would say almmost the same or cheaper.
shop doing photography, modeling studio n networking [help them source for assignment n modeling job,profit sharing ]
my downside is that i am still learning thai.i still could not undertasnd thai launguage.will this be a problem?:embrass:
how about a meetup for a coffee session on me?
Lawrence@90269997

sawadeekrap,
dindeang,the side near the market.
i would say there will be a different.a 3 in1 shop.price wise i would say almmost the same or cheaper.
shop doing photography, modeling studio n networking [help them source for assignment n modeling job,profit sharing ]

Seem U obsessed with din daeng area, did you really do your home work on that area and what about your target group. your business description is more fit to Siam Square area, unless you have a specific target group in mind.

Are u sure that the idea is not on impulse, or on some other influences

As many said you need a Thai partner, at least on the registration, and hopefully help running your business, that is the best model. but i think that the law may have change to allow the sole foreign ownership, (with some limitation ??), asking some lawyer will be wise

Seem U obsessed with din daeng area, did you really do your home work on that area and what about your target group. your business description is more fit to Siam Square area, unless you have a specific target group in mind.

Are u sure that the idea is not on impulse, or on some other influences

As many said you need a Thai partner, at least on the registration, and hopefully help running your business, that is the best model. but i think that the law may have change to allow the sole foreign ownership, (with some limitation ??), asking some lawyer will be wise

franky speaking,this idea had been for me for sometimes - not on impluse..the only neg side is that i could not speak thai,other than that i am very confident to make a little profit from here.
siam square area are more catered for earning foriegners.but my targeted group are strictly thai ladies although their level of earning is so little bit compared to singapore,but their wanted to take photos maybe amazing.:D not able to elaborate more as confidential.
my other problem is hold do i do a registeration of the company name n a company account.
anyone care to share????

franky speaking,this idea had been for me for sometimes - not on impluse..the only neg side is that i could not speak thai,other than that i am very confident to make a little profit from here.
siam square area are more catered for earning foriegners.but my targeted group are strictly thai ladies although their level of earning is so little bit compared to singapore,but their wanted to take photos maybe amazing.:D not able to elaborate more as confidential.
my other problem is hold do i do a registeration of the company name n a company account.
anyone care to share????

could i be able to register the company n open up a bank account locally in singapore from the thai embassy????
any ideas?

I don't think that you can do a company registration at Thai Embassy, but try to get in touch with the Trade/commerce people there

As for bank account try the Bangkok Bank Cecil street

huh?like that even draft this also no use,than draft for what .??also u mean the tax goes as high as 30% of the profit or 30% of the total income?pls advice.thanks

Go to www.boi.go.th to find more information regarding onwership questions.

The retaining tax issue comes into play if you want to make payments to your Singapore company for services rendered in BKK. It will be 30% of invoice value, not profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.