Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virgo said:
The thing is: they SHOULD NOT be fed at all! Feeding them causes them to be reliant to humans for food. You only feed animals when you want to keep them at your home as pets. As what I've mentioned before, we need to differenciate between stray and home cats. We don't feed stray cats at all. Cleaning up the leftovers is NOT an option, unless they're your pet, and we keep pets AT HOME.

i support this. if ppl dun feed the cats, the cats will know what to do. it really irritates me to see cars from outside the neighbourhood stop and feed the cats and then drive away. why not take the cats home with them? bah..cat lovers indeed :thumbsd:

centuryegg said:
Its for real and has already started. Spoke to some Tampines residents and they are in uproar over the issue. Seems that town council is systematically eliminating all cats in Tampines. Press knows about the issue but has not reported on it.... sigh.... tell me about free press.

Jesus / Allah / Brahma / Buddha / Tian Gong have mercy on us .... Can't the residents go see their MPs or something? even if u send your pics to the press,u think they will publish it?! of course NOT, right?? U know - I think someone very high up in the Govt hates cats. Killing cats will never solve the problem - Kill IGNORANCE not ANIMALS.

madmacs said:
i support this. if ppl dun feed the cats, the cats will know what to do. it really irritates me to see cars from outside the neighbourhood stop and feed the cats and then drive away. why not take the cats home with them? bah..cat lovers indeed :thumbsd:

I don't feed cats - I already have ****ING EIGHTEEN CATS at home. My friends who are cat lovers have about 5 to 10 cats each - plus many of them keep them illegally - in HDB flats. If I do feed cats - I MAKE SURE I CLEAN UP - wait for the cat to finish then CLEAN UP.

mau_lovers said:
Jesus / Allah / Brahma / Buddha / Tian Gong have mercy on us .... - Kill IGNORANCE not ANIMALS.

Most animals does have their natural enemies to keep the population in balance.

In this case, humans have disrupted that balance and is now facing overpopulation of the cats... what to do?:dunno:

CYRN said:
Most animals does have their natural enemies to keep the population in balance.

In this case, humans have disrupted that balance and is now facing overpopulation of the cats... what to do?:dunno:

Kill the humans. ;(

Update of Situation in Tampines.
Taken from http://www.catwelfare.blogspot.com/

Residents meeting with their MP
The residents in the estate with the trapping went to see their MP last night. Two of the caregivers called me and it seemed that a lot of people turned up - around 25 people, and a few non-residents who showed up to give their support too.

After waiting for everyone to show up, they finally saw their MP at 10 pm or so, because they had to wait for the whole group to gather. They were told by the helpers that only those with their Identity cards were allowed in. The helpers also told them that they were restricted to just a representative at first.

The reporter also turned up there because she had spoken to a few of the caregivers and wanted to interview them.

I was told the MP was very friendly and nice. He asked the helpers to arrange for a special room for the residents, even though they normally did not accomodate such large groups. When he heard that almost half the group had not been allowed in because of their lack of identity cards, he asked that they all be admitted.

In addition, I understand he underlined that sterilised cats would not be caught, and that he would ask the TC to meet with ALL the residents, and not just some of them, which was what had been happening all along.

I understand the residents were very happy after meeting their MP as he addressed their concerns and that he spent more than an hour with them. They didn't go home till 11:30 pm or so.

Hopefully now the residents can work with their TC and resolve the situation. More trapping is supposed to be scheduled for today, so I know they are concerned. I was informed no sterilised cats were trapped yesterday.

centuryegg said:
Update of Situation in Tampines.
Taken from http://www.catwelfare.blogspot.com/

Residents meeting with their MP
The residents in the estate with the trapping went to see their MP last night. Two of the caregivers called me and it seemed that a lot of people turned up - around 25 people, and a few non-residents who showed up to give their support too.

After waiting for everyone to show up, they finally saw their MP at 10 pm or so, because they had to wait for the whole group to gather. They were told by the helpers that only those with their Identity cards were allowed in. The helpers also told them that they were restricted to just a representative at first.

The reporter also turned up there because she had spoken to a few of the caregivers and wanted to interview them.

I was told the MP was very friendly and nice. He asked the helpers to arrange for a special room for the residents, even though they normally did not accomodate such large groups. When he heard that almost half the group had not been allowed in because of their lack of identity cards, he asked that they all be admitted.

In addition, I understand he underlined that sterilised cats would not be caught, and that he would ask the TC to meet with ALL the residents, and not just some of them, which was what had been happening all along.

I understand the residents were very happy after meeting their MP as he addressed their concerns and that he spent more than an hour with them. They didn't go home till 11:30 pm or so.

Hopefully now the residents can work with their TC and resolve the situation. More trapping is supposed to be scheduled for today, so I know they are concerned. I was informed no sterilised cats were trapped yesterday.
Well its good to hear. :)

Just something to share with all here. The other day I was at an adoption drive and I was speaking to the fosterers of 4 kittens. I learned two things that day, one sad and digusting and the other heart warming.

Lets start with the disgusting one first.

I saw that there was a rabbit in the house and asked the owner about it. What she told me shocked me.

Owner: Actually that is not my rabbit, it was my neighbour's. I saw it in a cage outside the house and noticed that no one came out to pet it and there was no food and water given to it for 3 days. So I went to ask my neighbour if the rabbit was sick, and is there anything I can do to help. The neighbour said "Oh we dont want the rabbit already! We just got ourselves a puppy, we are going to throw the rabbit and cage away at the lift landing at the ground floor"

Hence our shocked owner adopted the rabbit.

The heart warming one

We were there to look at 4 kittens up for adoption and after speaking to the owner realised one thing.. they were care givers as in they feed strays that they trap and sterlize and monitor. Hence they know who they are feeding and the movements, health and situation of every cat under their care. The surprising thing is that actually the owner is terrified of cats. Yes, she has phobia of cats and do not exactly like them very much. But her reasoning was that they are all God's creation and that they are part of nature and it hurts her to see them get abused by residents. Hence she decided to help care for them out of good will. And in case you are thinking she is some cranky old lady, she speaks well and is gentle middel aged lady with kids, a maid and a large well maintained clean flat.

How can they just heartlessly kill cats all cos they are strays?

Only a few of them create trouble, and only some people find them a nuisance. So TTC listens to them and not those who do not find them a nuisance?

redstone said:
How can they just heartlessly kill cats all cos they are strays?

Only a few of them create trouble, and only some people find them a nuisance. So TTC listens to them and not those who do not find them a nuisance?

population control...if not by nature..then by TC. :eek:

xray said:
The town council did the right thing. Sterilise, not murder.

so... wat's this thread about? :dunno:

Not 2 months of slaughter fest? :think:

It is no neutering exercise by the Town Council, please do not be deceived. Only Cat Welfare Society and Volunteers sterlize. Any cats caught by Town Council are send to AVA for putting down. The only role Town Council play in the "Sterlization" is that they are supposed to release sterlized cats trapped accidentally(identified by cut ears)

centuryegg said:
It is no neutering exercise by the Town Council, please do not be deceived. Only Cat Welfare Society and Volunteers sterlize. Any cats caught by Town Council are send to AVA for putting down. The only role Town Council play in the "Sterlization" is that they are supposed to release sterlized cats trapped accidentally(identified by cut ears)

so AVA is an accomplice to this? :think:

G-man said:
On a rationale level, stray cats should NOT be fed, and if they're fed, their food should NOT be left lying about but the feeders should clean up after the feeding rounds. I know it happens in some estates, where people actually clean up after feeding the cats.

OT:
Koelsch, please see BEYOND the obvious. I think that explains much about why many say Singaporeans are not creative. They tend to favour the obvious, the straight cut and dry remark. No sense of subtlety or reading between the lines. I think it's the nature of many Singaporeans being spoonfed information instead of dissecting the words to find the true meaning.

No wonder our TCS is still producing local shows of such 'quality'. Anything less then 'in your face' wouldn't be understood by most. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.