Photo event of the year! 2 months cats slaughtering festival!


Status
Not open for further replies.

centuryegg

New Member
Aug 16, 2005
83
0
0
#1
Hear all Hear all!

Tampines Town Council is proud to present a 2 month long cat round up exercise. All cats be it sterlized or not, pet or stray will be rounded up by our pest control units and send to AVA to be killed via a lethal injection. It is to work towards a clean and stray free Tampines, achieve 100 percent stray free environment.

May we present our culling schedule
tamp central- 1,5,14,18,27 Sept
tamp west- 6,15,19,28 Sept & 2,11,20,25 Oct
tamp north- 8,12,21,25 Sept & 4,13,17,27 Oct
tamp east- 7,11,20,29 Sept & 3,12,16,25 Oct
Changkat div- 4,13,22,26 Sept & 5,9,18,30 Oct

Our pest control personnel will be presenting their skills of rounding up cats in gunny sacks and stuffing them in cages. It promises to be one of the highlights of the year. Very soon you will enjoy the fresh clean cat free Tampinese. In the mean time all members of Clubsnap are welcome to come and take photos and document this historical event. Better still send the photos to the press or stomp to show what a great job we are doing.

Hip Hip Hooray!
 

htthach

New Member
Feb 26, 2006
1,070
0
0
dover
#2
what is this?
is this for real or just a joke?
 

kitkat

New Member
Mar 5, 2005
568
0
0
#4
centuryegg said:
Hear all Hear all!

Tampines Town Council is proud to present a 2 month long cat round up exercise. All cats be it sterlized or not, pet or stray will be rounded up by our pest control units and send to AVA to be killed via a lethal injection. It is to work towards a clean and stray free Tampines, achieve 100 percent stray free environment.

May we present our culling schedule
tamp central- 1,5,14,18,27 Sept
tamp west- 6,15,19,28 Sept & 2,11,20,25 Oct
tamp north- 8,12,21,25 Sept & 4,13,17,27 Oct
tamp east- 7,11,20,29 Sept & 3,12,16,25 Oct
Changkat div- 4,13,22,26 Sept & 5,9,18,30 Oct

Our pest control personnel will be presenting their skills of rounding up cats in gunny sacks and stuffing them in cages. It promises to be one of the highlights of the year. Very soon you will enjoy the fresh clean cat free Tampinese. In the mean time all members of Clubsnap are welcome to come and take photos and document this historical event. Better still send the photos to the press or stomp to show what a great job we are doing.

Hip Hip Hooray!

Thanks (for warning cats lovers)... but no thanks (to the way you put it)... This is a very sick way of posting in here.

This is no way a "historical event" as you state it. Culling has been for sometime. Calling it as "clean cat free Tampinese" & "one of the highlights of the year" is demeaning too.
 

G-man

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2006
2,280
6
38
My House
#5
I believe there is a massive dollop of sarcasm in TS's post, directed at the whole incident and decision makers and I think he's done it in a way that will alert cat lovers. If anything, it's obviously more effective than the run of the mill thread. Learn to see beyond the obvious guys.
 

Virgo

Senior Member
Dec 23, 2003
4,816
0
0
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
#10
For catlovers, this definitely will be some bad news.

However, looking into the practical side of it, this will definitely make the precinct cleaner and more presentable. Who likes living in an environment full of roaming cats, left-over food from them (which brings other pest like cockroaches and rodents) and noise during mid-night?

Here is my experience. Hope the cat lovers won't be antagonized by it. My precinct is also facing the same problem. I would say it's not the cats' fault, but the cat lovers'. They simply feed them with food and never clean them. Every evening, they'd gather without fail at the void decks and wait for their food. They'll make a mess out of it but the leftovers were never cleaned up.

During the night, they'll fight and make so much noise that woke everyone in the house up. Cars and tyres got scratched. Rodents still roam the streets, and this showed that cats are not there to eliminate these pests, since they're provided food rather than finding food themselves.

Who's fault is this? The cats' or the cat lovers'? I'll think it's both. If you're a cat lover, keep a cat at home and take good care of it. I think it's very irresponsible to say you're a cat lover but still allow them to roam the streets and never clean up the mess after giving them food, let alone wash them clean. In fact, they shouldn't be providing them food at all.

I'll definitely support these exercises if there's one in my precinct, not because I hate cats or against cat lovers, but I think the show of love to these cats shouldn't be done this way. If one is really a cat lover, keep 1 or 2 at home and take good care of them, and not allow them to roam the streets! Wild cats are better leaving them alone and numbers need to be put to a controlled level.
 

#11
Virgo said:
For catlovers, this definitely will be some bad news.

However, looking into the practical side of it, this will definitely make the precinct cleaner and more presentable. Who likes living in an environment full of roaming cats, left-over food from them (which brings other pest like cockroaches and rodents) and noise during mid-night?

Here is my experience. Hope the cat lovers won't be antagonized by it. My precinct is also facing the same problem. I would say it's not the cats' fault, but the cat lovers'. They simply feed them with food and never clean them. Every evening, they'd gather without fail at the void decks and wait for their food. They'll make a mess out of it but the leftovers were never cleaned up.

During the night, they'll fight and make so much noise that woke everyone in the house up. Cars and tyres got scratched. Rodents still roam the streets, and this showed that cats are not there to eliminate these pests, since they're provided food rather than finding food themselves.

Who's fault is this? The cats' or the cat lovers'? I'll think it's both. If you're a cat lover, keep a cat at home and take good care of it. I think it's very irresponsible to say you're a cat lover but still allow them to roam the streets and never clean up the mess after giving them food, let alone wash them clean. In fact, they shouldn't be providing them food at all.

I'll definitely support these exercises if there's one in my precinct, not because I hate cats or against cat lovers, but I think the show of love to these cats shouldn't be done this way. If one is really a cat lover, keep 1 or 2 at home and take good care of them, and not allow them to roam the streets!
so you are saying that to show love to the cats, we should kill em?
 

Virgo

Senior Member
Dec 23, 2003
4,816
0
0
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
#12
That's not what I mean. I think wild cats should be put at a controlled level. If they've became pests, the numbers should be controlled. The act of feeding them should be eliminated too.

I'm an animal lover, but if they're pest, they should be controlled.

bumortic said:
so you are saying that to show love to the cats, we should kill em?
 

#13
Virgo said:
For catlovers, this definitely will be some bad news.

However, looking into the practical side of it, this will definitely make the precinct cleaner and more presentable. Who likes living in an environment full of roaming cats, left-over food from them (which brings other pest like cockroaches and rodents) and noise during mid-night?

Here is my experience. Hope the cat lovers won't be antagonized by it. My precinct is also facing the same problem. I would say it's not the cats' fault, but the cat lovers'. They simply feed them with food and never clean them. Every evening, they'd gather without fail at the void decks and wait for their food. They'll make a mess out of it but the leftovers were never cleaned up.

During the night, they'll fight and make so much noise that woke everyone in the house up. Cars and tyres got scratched. Rodents still roam the streets, and this showed that cats are not there to eliminate these pests, since they're provided food rather than finding food themselves.

Who's fault is this? The cats' or the cat lovers'? I'll think it's both. If you're a cat lover, keep a cat at home and take good care of it. I think it's very irresponsible to say you're a cat lover but still allow them to roam the streets and never clean up the mess after giving them food, let alone wash them clean. In fact, they shouldn't be providing them food at all.

I'll definitely support these exercises if there's one in my precinct, not because I hate cats or against cat lovers, but I think the show of love to these cats shouldn't be done this way. If one is really a cat lover, keep 1 or 2 at home and take good care of them, and not allow them to roam the streets! Wild cats are better leaving them alone and numbers need to be put to a controlled level.

the more i read, the more it seems quite clear to me that u meant to cull cats as a great show of humanly affection towards them.









anyway, i would suggest that the feeding of stray cats be put to a stop, or rather, the town council should appoint 1 or 2 cat lover in a small area, to handle the feeding and the clearing up of the mess, if the cats do cause them.

these cats mux be neutered to control the population of strays.

u can't win all these anti-animal lovers over, for the sake of 'beautifying their own precinct' and keeping their housing estate 'presentable'. but a joint effort by all can make a big improvement towards the livelihood of the residents as well as the stray cats.
 

Virgo

Senior Member
Dec 23, 2003
4,816
0
0
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
#14
Yes, that would seem to be the ideal case, but there's always some black sheeps around. Feed them to show their love for the cats, but don't clean them, don't give them a home, don't spay or castrate them for birth control, etc. The authorities definitely need to do something to put a stop to this.

Sometimes, I was wondering whether if we should even feed stray cats, just like we shouldn't feed monkeys in Bukit Timah Hill or Botanic Gardens. Feeding them will make them lost the ability to find food (catching mice or other pests) in the long term.

I think we need to differenciate between home cats and stray cats, that's the issue.

Cheesecake said:
the more i read, the more it seems quite clear to me that u meant to cull cats as a great show of humanly affection towards them.









anyway, i would suggest that the feeding of stray cats be put to a stop, or rather, the town council should appoint 1 or 2 cat lover in a small area, to handle the feeding and the clearing up of the mess, if the cats do cause them.

these cats mux be neutered to control the population of strays.

u can't win all these anti-animal lovers over, for the sake of 'beautifying their own precinct' and keeping their housing estate 'presentable'. but a joint effort by all can make a big improvement towards the livelihood of the residents as well as the stray cats.
 

Koelsch

Senior Member
Jan 5, 2006
1,454
0
0
The Land of the Teddy Bear
#15
historical event? why don't you just tell me in advance and i could just take some pictures before you kill yourself and i would get paid alot for that picture eh? this is just bullsh*t. cats are pests? i believe cats are one of the cleaniest animal around. yes, they do dirty places and such but from the way the TS put it, you do enjoy watching animals die?
 

#16
Virgo said:
Yes, that would seem to be the ideal case, but there's always some black sheeps around. Feed them to show their love for the cats, but don't clean them, don't give them a home, don't spay or castrate them for birth control, etc. The authorities definitely need to do something to put a stop to this.

Sometimes, I was wondering whether if we should even feed stray cats, just like we shouldn't feed monkeys in Bukit Timah Hill or Botanic Gardens. Feeding them will make them lost the ability to find food (catching mice or other pests) in the long term.

I think we need to differenciate between home cats and stray cats, that's the issue.
we shouldn't feed the pigeons, the monkeys, the cats... etc.etc.

these would encourage them to be so reliant on humans that the tolerance line will be blurred and soon, more and more humans will take up arms against them. too close for comfort, i guess.

its sad that TTC has to resort to such a disgusting totally sadistic way of dealing with the 'huge amount of stray cats' that are roaming Tampines. its a 'low blow' in WWE terms, to the cats at least.

a letter should be sent to the press.:thumbsup:
 

G-man

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2006
2,280
6
38
My House
#17
On a rationale level, stray cats should NOT be fed, and if they're fed, their food should NOT be left lying about but the feeders should clean up after the feeding rounds. I know it happens in some estates, where people actually clean up after feeding the cats.

OT:
Koelsch, please see BEYOND the obvious. I think that explains much about why many say Singaporeans are not creative. They tend to favour the obvious, the straight cut and dry remark. No sense of subtlety or reading between the lines. I think it's the nature of many Singaporeans being spoonfed information instead of dissecting the words to find the true meaning.
 

Virgo

Senior Member
Dec 23, 2003
4,816
0
0
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
#19
Yes, being an animal lover myself, I think it's very sad. The ones that I should be targetting are the humans who feed them in the first place, but don't bring them into their homes and prevent them from roaming about. I think they've shown the wrong kind of love to these cats. I would say it's a selfish act.

Cheesecake said:
we shouldn't feed the pigeons, the monkeys, the cats... etc.etc.

these would encourage them to be so reliant on humans that the tolerance line will be blurred and soon, more and more humans will take up arms against them. too close for comfort, i guess.

its sad that TTC has to resort to such a disgusting totally sadistic way of dealing with the 'huge amount of stray cats' that are roaming Tampines. its a 'low blow' in WWE terms, to the cats at least.

a letter should be sent to the press.:thumbsup:
 

Virgo

Senior Member
Dec 23, 2003
4,816
0
0
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
#20
The thing is: they SHOULD NOT be fed at all! Feeding them causes them to be reliant to humans for food. You only feed animals when you want to keep them at your home as pets. As what I've mentioned before, we need to differenciate between stray and home cats. We don't feed stray cats at all. Cleaning up the leftovers is NOT an option, unless they're your pet, and we keep pets AT HOME.

G-man said:
On a rationale level, stray cats should NOT be fed, and if they're fed, their food should NOT be left lying about but the feeders should clean up after the feeding rounds. I know it happens in some estates, where people actually clean up after feeding the cats.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom