Photo Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting real tired of this. :dunno::( Every once in a while I get these messages. File or photo is corrupted or damaged and can't find the original or view it. Even when it's in it's folder. I wonder if de-fragmenting my HD's can cause this. Note I've always been a believer on optimizing my system and have been doing it for over 10-15 years. But right now am frustrated.
I am set up for safety with separate HD for media files as well as a dedicated HD for back-up. BUT??
My HD is on 24 hrs a day and when I restart or update anything I do permissions and use TechTool Pro as my main enhancer.
You may have noticed now I'm on Mac. :)
Am I the only one with this problem. Doubt it. Thoughts please.

I'm getting real tired of this. :dunno::( Every once in a while I get these messages. File or photo is corrupted or damaged and can't find the original or view it. Even when it's in it's folder. I wonder if de-fragmenting my HD's can cause this. Note I've always been a believer on optimizing my system and have been doing it for over 10-15 years. But right now am frustrated.
I am set up for safety with separate HD for media files as well as a dedicated HD for back-up. BUT??
My HD is on 24 hrs a day and when I restart or update anything I do permissions and use TechTool Pro as my main enhancer.
You may have noticed now I'm on Mac. :)
Am I the only one with this problem. Doubt it. Thoughts please.

Not really have any problem with corrupted files. The only times are when the photo is used in a certain software like photorecord, and then I renamed or moved the photo. This causes the software to be unable to find the file. You might have a poblem if you do not set your drive name properly, and the softwares cannot find the file.

I got this with my 4g Adata CF card. Got to recovery twice already.

You don't mention what software isn't able to find or display the file or whether you can display the original, so I can't guess much.

If this is happening on a Mac and you're doing disk defragmentation/optimisation, stop doing it. There is extremely little need for it and files 20 MB and smaller are automatically defragmented by Mac OS X when they're opened, so there is no need for Tech Tool Pro 4 or something else to spend hours working on your machine. You're not using Windows.

You also don't need to Repair permissions when you restart. You should probably do it when you install or update software.

Status
Not open for further replies.