Photo Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.
eikin said:
see you there!

Announcement

I just emailed all volunteers coming down for the first weekend 15 and 16 Jan. Please check your email for details. For volunteers on second and third weekends we will contact you at a later time as everyone's quite busy these few days, I ask for your kind understanding :)

If I missed out anyone please contact me directly at go.eikin@gmail.com

Currently we have on average 14 volunteers at all time for this weekend, still have place for one or two more, first day will be quite crucial also so more help will always be welcomed.

OK everyone, this is the final leg before the thing kicks off, let's keep our spirits high. Also, thank you all so much for the support! And this is a great team to work with!

Great work eikin :thumbsup:

T minus 48hrs and counting

was wondering if the mods/admins can help sticky this to create awareness to forum visitors who might take the chance to support us

Great work guys!

Just return to Singapore *tired face*
YQ, call you tomorrow, have some great news for the contingency plans here.

Goondoo said:
Great work guys!

Just return to Singapore *tired face*
YQ, call you tomorrow, have some great news for the contingency plans here.

hey! thanks man! i'll be in school tomorrow, try to sms first before calling just in case, thanks again!

Apologies

First apologies to the volunteers who were trying very hard to contact me in the evening, my hp suffered a major concussion after experiencing a sudden influx of messages and call :eek: if i have not been able to answer your calls/smses i truly and sincerely apologise for any frustrations, and for any queries, feel free to direct to my email at go.eikin@gmail.com i'll try my best to answer.

Thanks to all

Thanks to all volunteers and supporters, it's the whole team that enabled us to get to where we are now, no single person can claim any greatest credit. Now we need the entire team effort to drive this event through, let's keep our spirits high!

ok time to rest, will sort out the information and email an update to volunteers involved in the first weekend. for those coming only from second weekend onwards, please give us some time to analyse weekend one's result before we contact you for a meetup next week.

Cheers!

It's been a long week for all of us running around looking for approval, sponsors, meetings, etc. Good job everyone :thumbsup: .

Those of you who still want to help can still get in touch with eikin and we'll let you know more details and how you can help.

Ok, got to go and buy the tentage now.

It's now T-24hrs and 55min till take-off. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hi,

It great to meet the team last nite. What a great team u are, going all out for the good course. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looking forwards for this successful wkend :)

All the kind souls out there pls pray for the team to have a smooth operations and weather.

Cheers :)

T minus 22 hours 7 minutes and counting

at exactly 12 midnight everyone run 3 rounds clockwise and 3 rounds anti-clockwise around your fully extended tripod, this is for clear skys.

Everyone from clubsnap can help in our clear sky dance, :bsmilie:

Did you guys assign someone to do an event coverage of such a meaningful project? :)

ortega said:
T minus 22 hours 7 minutes and counting

*ti tok ti tok ti tok ti tok ti tok ti tok ti tok ti tok ti tok ti tok............................................................. :bsmilie:

xmen2003 said:
Did you guys assign someone to do an event coverage of such a meaningful project? :)

We will mostly be covering the event ourselves...i think... :think:

Calling all KLKK CS on Sat and Sun to come down and support....

PS: KLKK= Kia Lai Kia Ki (walk here walk there)

I just drop some notes to frens in ST, ZB, WB,SM, BH and mediacorp, telling them about this project. Only prob is I dun hav any of you orgainiser's contact for them. Those 'in-charge', esp like eilkin & Del, pls check your mailbox more often, in case any of them want to contact you.

Hope it help to get some publicities in the media to draw bigger crowd next two weeks.

Pro-New said:
I just drop some notes to frens in ST, ZB, WB,SM, BH and mediacorp, telling them about this project. Only prob is I dun hav any of you orgainiser's contact for them. Those 'in-charge', esp like eilkin & Del, pls check your mailbox more often, in case any of them want to contact you.

Hope it help to get some publicities in the media to draw bigger crowd next two weeks.

I just PMed u eikin & Hotspots contact.

eikin & Hotspots, hope u guys dun mind I pass ur contacts to Pro-New.

Thks everyone for the hard work put in , although most of us became 'lobster' but i'm sure it's worth it !!!!! Special thks to sulhan for providing the meals , if not i prolly be the 1st one to faint hahah ..... Good work guys ! So surprise when John Cosgrove came by and made us drool with his D2X !!! How i wish i kana 4D today ..... so made me drool further with his 70-200mm VR , u know how i'm referring to... hahah anyway nice result we had today and keep the spirit high 2morrow !! I gotta Zzz liao ...... think 2morrow prolly will get sunburn . WOnder how's our lobster man be 2morrow .

haha lobster group inc, anyway how do you all want the group photo we took just now?

First of all a BIG THANK YOU to all who came down to help and support the event! The amount of effort and resources committed is simply amazing, the setup of the event itself proved to be a miracle, but on hindsight, it is not just a miracle, it is truly the manifestation of what we can do and are capable of if we want to DO IT! Congratulations to all who took part!

I think with the completion of Day 01 of Photo Aid, I should, on behalf of the entire Photo Aid team, give credit to the many members for some special and unusual effort put in that led to today's achievement. in no specific order:

Amigo: our best performing donation collector. (easily 50% of the donations came from her collection today!)

HotSpots & wife: our 'foreign affairs ministers', lots of coordination work done between the Photo Aid team and various organisations (and so many of them)

yqt: providing the studio space, came forth as a capable event manager and planner, another of our 'foreign affairs minister' other than HotSpots, always ready to provide Photo Aid team with the relevant links, and provide concrete solutions to problems

ortega: originator of the Photo Aid idea, our chief designer, who designed our poster, flyers and got them settled in time for usage with short notice

poohbear: great manpower manager, actively volunteering to provide logistic support

Sjourn & colleagues: morale booster when the going gets tough (*wink wink* think all the organising members know what i mean)

Wai: our technical expert that saved all cameras from the torture of having endless CF card transfers by providing the wonderful wireless connections, also the one who gave us so many contacts to find sponsorships

tupi guy: providing innovative solutions and saved the day by giving us the 'light' (pun intended ;) )

Del_CtrlnoAlt: giving us the important vehicular transportation of bulky equipment, and taking the time from work to help us

Of course the team on the ground for the first day were really great, getting all the shooting (photogs) and printing (DIs) problems ironed out. I'll like to credit everyone for this, all helpers are directly involved in today's better than expected results of our charity drive.

and of course all the relevant authorities and sponsors also provided important assistance

and special thanks to Sulhan & wife for the great meals provided :thumbsup:

I may have missed out anyone and anything, getting bad memory as my school gets started ... lol ... please bring up their good names and deeds that enabled what we all did today that you know.

WELL DONE EVERYONE! we still have many days to work on this so let's keep our spirits high!

zhangyb said:
haha lobster group inc, anyway how do you all want the group photo we took just now?

i'll like mine to be well done ... i am probably 'overdone lobster' though ... :bsmilie:

eikin said:
First of all a BIG THANK YOU to all who came down to help and support the event! The amount of effort and resources committed is simply amazing, the setup of the event itself proved to be a miracle, but on hindsight, it is not just a miracle, it is truly the manifestation of what we can do and are capable of if we want to DO IT! Congratulations to all who took part!

I think with the completion of Day 01 of Photo Aid, I should, on behalf of the entire Photo Aid team, give credit to the many members for some special and unusual effort put in that led to today's achievement.

WELL DONE EVERYONE! we still have many days to work on this so let's keep our spirits high!

:vhappy: :cheergal: :vhappy: :cheergal:

More more more tomoro...... :thumbsup:

eikin said:
i'll like mine to be well done ... i am probably 'overdone lobster' though ... :bsmilie:

U are only half-done :bsmilie: :sticktong

Status
Not open for further replies.