Petition urging the United Nations to reject Japan's bid for a permanent seat on the

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are now 5 permanent seats - China, UK, USA, France & Russia.
I read somewhere that the rule requires all these 5 nations to say YES before Japan can bid for it. If any 1 nation say NO (or "do not say YES"), then Japan's bid is automatically disqualified.

Its likely that the rest will vote for 'aye' while China will go for 'nay'.

司马昭之心, 路人皆知。

paiseh, don't know how to put it in a better way :sweat:

If Japan want solve all its problem with her neighbouring country(North/South Korea and China), she should do it sincerely(admitting and compension) instead of half-hearted(deeply remorse) apology. This will come up again and again in the future to haunt Japan.

I thought it's "even someone along the street also know"?

Ok..my Chinese/Mandarin can't make it one...

Hommie said:
If Japan want solve all its problem with her neighbouring country(North/South Korea and China), she should do it sincerely(admitting and compension) instead of half-hearted(deeply remorse) apology. This will come up again and again in the future to haunt Japan.

I am totally agree with what Hommie have say. :thumbsup:

Ironically, they are revising the history content in Japanese education.

Like the invasion of China during World War II, in Japs history textbook, it is known as "advance to China".
What a disgrace.

King Tiger said:
I am totally agree with what Hommie have say. :thumbsup:

Ironically, they are revising the history content in Japanese education.

Like the invasion of China during World War II, in Japs history textbook, it is known as "advance to China".
What a disgrace.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'm totally agree... That's why I had sign up the petition.
Even it might not be effective. But at least that these ugly Japanese know.

Admit ur mistake , Japan ghost.

For the WWII, they claim the occuption at Singapore and Malaysia is to release us from England hand.
Should :hung:

sorry but I can't see perm seat on what?

just came back from long meeting.. super tired..

What was the re-action of your japs friends when they get to see the truth of WWII? Since they had shamelessly modified their history subject in the schools.

I actually think they should be given a seat, to increase asian representation (after all, 1/5th of all humanity), and also to counterbalance the increasing bullying of China.

Cheers,

biang the link is in chinese lei.. can someone please kindly summarise for me? I agree with dkw that we should increase asian rep in the world. But rep what?

:dunno:

What's with WW2? come on.. it's over.. we are using cameras mostly from jap now. Time to move on..

We should not forget what happened in WW2 but let us forgive the mistakes.

A criminal pay back by serving the jail term. Then they can return to the society as a renewed man. This "yellow ribbon" project, I support.

But the japs gov till now, still does not appol. for their crime (can sentance the country jail right). No remose. So how can we trust them in the UN.

Than again, dont we all trust japs consumer product, canon, nikon, pentax, konica minolta, fuji........ the list goes on.

denniskee said:
A criminal pay back by serving the jail term. Then they can return to the society as a renewed man. This "yellow ribbon" project, I support.

But the japs gov till now, still does not appol. for their crime (can sentance the country jail right). No remose. So how can we trust them in the UN.

Than again, dont we all trust japs consumer product, canon, nikon, pentax, konica minolta, fuji........ the list goes on.

that's why CS was never meant as a place to discuss politics :) end of story

dkw said:
I actually think they should be given a seat, to increase asian representation (after all, 1/5th of all humanity), and also to counterbalance the increasing bullying of China.

Cheers,

Increase seat of what???

Don't u think they will stand in line with China when china kenda bully mah.... :nono: I don't think so....

Don't forget Japan is a follow of US. They follow everywhere US go, they listen whateven US say.....

There is a better words to discript that... but I prefer not to use it in this forum.

yanyewkay said:
biang the link is in chinese lei.. can someone please kindly summarise for me? I agree with dkw that we should increase asian rep in the world. But rep what?

:dunno:

What's with WW2? come on.. it's over.. we are using cameras mostly from jap now. Time to move on..

We should not forget what happened in WW2 but let us forgive the mistakes.

To forgive one's mistake, one must 1st admit the mistake. What is worst here is they twisted the fact, teaches their version of WWII.

therat said:
Increase seat of what???

Don't u think they will stand in line with China when china kenda bully mah.... :nono: I don't think so....

Don't forget Japan is a follow of US. They follow everywhere US go, they listen whateven US say.....

There is a better words to discript that... but I prefer not to use it in this forum.

Well, you are entitiled to your opinion, and I to mine, so to each his own. Right now, seeing the way China throws it's influence around like a 800 pound gorilla (remember the incident around PM's visit to Taiwan?), I'd side with Japan any day. IMO only, of course.....

therat said:

There is a word, though not too strong: lackeys

On the contrary, my D70 is made in Thailand and the 50mm AFD is made in China lor :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.