Pentax Sharing Session -Session#1 - basic strobing

Yup yup , I be attending. Any ideas what do we need to bring down?

Bring down one flash, a light stand and a softbox/umbrella (if you have)
And the wireless trigger/receiver too.
Then its easier, since you will be familiarizing your own stuff, which will be best.

Very nice to see you guys starting something like this. And sorry I've not checked in for a while.

Would love to go, but Sat. is always too busy for me :(

Yeah.. understand that you are busy. :)

JK, with your advertisement, I am pretty sure the no. will reach 8 very soon!

Ha.. ha.. hope so.

Hi, i am new and just started out recently, I might not have a light stand or umbrella. May i still join?

Updated the list :

1. Maverick
2. Yamakasi
3. Randy
4. Greg
5. Lensk
6. Snapbear
7. sup3rm2n (reserve)

Pls be reminded that the 'deal with the devil' are the following :
1. Pls be committed to turn up for all sessions.
2. Can't be shy; Must post shots from all sessions (thread will be opened for this)
3. Commitment to participate, hands-on and practice what was picked up
4. Pls help to be more active in the forums (post photos, talk, help others, even just say a few words of encouragement )

Hi, i am new and just started out recently, I might not have a light stand or umbrella. May i still join?

Can I put you on the reserve list until tomorrow evening?
Sorry, but the purpose of the session is to have more hands on practice and learning and also create more activity on this forum thru the discussions.
At the least, you will need a flash and off camera capability (via flash or via Rx/Tx triggers) .

Hi I am interested. Can I join? :)

Added you to the list.
Do note that 'payment' is more active participation in the forums (post photos, talk, help others, even just say a few words of encouragement )
Thats all I am asking for. :)

congrats on your 'promotion' JK :)

i cant confirm my attendance yet..still trying to find out if the family gathering on sat is on anot...

i try to confirm by tonight

congrats on your 'promotion' JK :)

i cant confirm my attendance yet..still trying to find out if the family gathering on sat is on anot...

i try to confirm by tonight

Thanks... (I think.... :confused:)
:cool: just let me know tonight.

Good initiative JK. :thumbsup:

Would love to help out but still have to do Hari Raya visiting and followed by reservist the following month... -_-

Good initiative JK. :thumbsup:

Would love to help out but still have to do Hari Raya visiting and followed by reservist the following month... -_-

Selamat Hari Raya! :)
No probs, still got next time

Bring down one flash, a light stand and a softbox/umbrella (if you have)
And the wireless trigger/receiver too.
Then its easier, since you will be familiarizing your own stuff, which will be best.

Hmm. i dun have light stand only. Long ago, thought of buying one, in the end, never buy any. :p
By the way, those standing monopod, is it worth to be use as a light stand. Was thinking to use it as light stand also for other usage.

Hmm. i dun have light stand only. Long ago, thought of buying one, in the end, never buy any. :p
By the way, those standing monopod, is it worth to be use as a light stand. Was thinking to use it as light stand also for other usage.

Not that easy coz the "hotshoe" is different.. Hehe! No need la.. There'll be others around, you all can be each other's "light stand" aka MissyD.. LoL!

Do understand on how the light is positioned and the effects.. In fact, it's faster and less cumbersome in my opinion. Wish I could join too! Then can "utilize" Nayli as a model.. LoL!

Last edited:

You can bring your stuff and use voice activated lightstand :D

I will have an additional lightstand, so I think you should be able to use that.

I got no idea about the monopod thing you mention.
I doubt it will be stable though.

Thanks... (I think.... :confused:)
:cool: just let me know tonight.

will be there...also will be bringing down halloween masks for those who are shy in front of camera ;p

I have the standing monopod..the screw can be switched to fit the smaller flash receiver (the bigger screw is for ball head..cant rem the size of the 2 so calling it the smaller screw and bigger screw ;p )

it is not as stable as a 3 legged light stand but i have used it for a 20 sec exposure with k3 and DA21 just to test its stability..but i was just nearby and ready to catch it in case it topples...

hi, pinholecam,

since there is no one confirming 8th slot, I would like to be the 8th person if you like,

I have 2 YN560III flash, 1 wireless rf603 trigger, 1 beauty dish, 1 60x60 softbox, 1 reflector, 1 white and 1 reflect umbrella, and some convertor to convert hotshoe to tripod mount and light pole mount to tripod mount. 1 light stand and 1 tripod stand and 1 monopod stand

Last edited:
hi, pinholecam,

since there is no one confirming 8th slot, I would like to be the 8th person if you like,

I have 2 YN560III flash, 1 wireless rf603 trigger, 1 beauty dish, 1 60x60 softbox, 1 reflector, 1 white and 1 reflect umbrella, and some convertor to convert hotshoe to tripod mount and light pole mount to tripod mount. 1 light stand and 1 tripod stand and 1 monopod stand

You forgot a car.. ;P

I have one Yin Yan flash, 2 wireless triggers, if needed.

Guys, please ask how to get to the Function Room after you arrive. Let the guard know you are my guest here. Call 9618-9620 if needed. I have an dental appointment from at 12:30, but expect to finish by 1:30. See you then.

Address is 495 Yio Chu Kang Road, 707080.

Ok. We got 8 ppl.
So I shall close the list.

1. Maverick
2. Yamakasi
3. Randy
4. Greg
5. Lensk
6. Snapbear
7. sup3rm2n
8. sunnycamera

Edit :
Sorry, sup3rm2n, my bad..
You are IN. :)

hi, pinholecam,

Just bring 1 flash, the receiver+transmitter, a softbox, reflector, and what is required to mount them.

I think there will be enough equipment to form up into groups of 3 ppl to participate in the learning process.

will be there...also will be bringing down halloween masks for those who are shy in front of camera

:thumbsup:
See you there and thanks for the masks :bsmilie:

Last edited:
2 and 7 are same, yamashika got twice in the list

Last edited: