Pentax/Ricoh Dec 2012 outing - Please Share Your Photos.

fengwei

Staff member
Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Hi All,

Thanks for those who showed up for the outing. We were lucky to have such a great weather. I'm sure we all had a lot fun there.

As usual, please share your photos here and see what you got, and let the fun continue :)

Here are the group photos for those who showed up before 9am:

Cheers and happy shooting!

Last edited:

pinholecam

Staff member
Jul 23, 2007
Great turnout for the last outing of the year. :)
Always good to chit-chat with other fellow enthusiasts.

Here are some shots from the Q+FA*80-200.
I realized later that for those who tried the Q earlier, my aperture was set 'A' which means the lens was stopped down to f22, so it was a very negative demonstration of the capability of the camera and why the LCD looked dark and grainy. :)

Peaking works a charm on the Q. Definitely much faster and more sure of focus with it.

Last edited:

darrrrrrrrrr

Sep 19, 2006
Singapore
I overslept so I unfortunately didn't get to meet the whole group today.. Nevertheless I still stuck around the Zoo till late afternoon and came away with a bunch of photos I'm quite happy with!

phylej

May 21, 2005
Singapore
I had a great time at the outing, and its nice to meet the local Pentaxians! Good shots in this thread so far - looking forward to more!

A few shots from me:

Ahren

Jan 3, 2009
Great to meet up with some old frens and also meeting new frens. Some of my contributions:

Ahren

Jan 3, 2009
Seem to shot more of the primates:

They squabble...

Help each other

MissyD

Dec 20, 2011
darrrrrrrrrr said:
I overslept so I unfortunately didn't get to meet the whole group today.. Nevertheless I still stuck around the Zoo till late afternoon and came away with a bunch of photos I'm quite happy with!
Love your shots! :D

ranchy

Jan 11, 2010
Great turnout for the last outing of the year. :)
Always good to chit-chat with other fellow enthusiasts.

Here are some shots from the Q+FA*80-200.
I realized later that for those who tried the Q earlier, my aperture was set 'A' which means the lens was stopped down to f22, so it was a very negative demonstration of the capability of the camera and why the LCD looked dark and grainy. :)

Peaking works a charm on the Q. Definitely much faster and more sure of focus with it.
JK, Fantastic Result again with the Q. :) I got to decide original or 3rd party one soon. hee....

Seem to shot more of the primates:

Darren and Ah ren, Excellent shots. Priceless shot!!! Damn. my shots look so ordinary..

nitewalk

Staff member
May 31, 2010
Singapore
I don't have time to look through all the shots as I was out whole day. Will post more later if there are any keepers. Not the usual things which I shoot and still trying to get used to the focal length of the 90, as I'm used to the wide wide world. :bsmilie:

Shot with Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro

airconvent

Apr 12, 2005
wow! Loved ALL the shots. Nicely composed, rich in colours, with the animals in the right pose too!
Too bad I was on course from morning till evening! Whole day burned! Do keep the photos coming, guys. :)

BTW, can request all of you to leave your EXIF info intact? Thanks!

Last edited:

creampuff

Jul 11, 2006
Dover
Lovely weather and a nice finish for our Pentax monthly outings for 2012. Haven't been to the zoo for such a long time but I couldn't stay around as I had to get back to work.
Just a few shots taken with the K-5IIs. Only used the DA* 300mm f/4 and DFA 100mm f/2.8 Macro WR. Haven't been shooting very much, so very rusty.

IMGP0385 copy by dlbj23, on Flickr

IMGP0665 copy by dlbj23, on Flickr

Top Bottom