Pentax or Canon??

Yup, I hear that all the time too. Even people who sell their P, O or S system to buy C and N then all of a sudden feel that their pictures are now much better (they were not...). It's psychological, really.

Agreed. Most of the time, the "improvement" comes from the feel-good factor you get out of owning a new camera.

Agreed. Most of the time, the "improvement" comes from the feel-good factor you get out of owning a new camera.

Mostly the effect wears off with time. Then the BBB virus will take over and newer model will be bought to keep the effect up.:bsmilie:

Anyway, though I am a canon camera user, I feels a bit disappointed when found out that TS actually is quite brand concious and selling her pentax.:(

People do all kinds of weird things. I remember some not so smart decisions I made too in the past.

But a word of advice to TS, in the end it is you that counts. Brand is not important. Your skills will make the difference. Build your skills up above all other things.

Go ahead and get a Canon or whatever, if it makes you feels good. But remember, when you shoot with your new camera, and the picture still sucks, remember what I said above. Start building your skills and shoot better.

Last edited:
Thx to all big bro..I will still keep my K20 if no one interested..

Your K20 is a piece of gem with inbuilt IS on body. The C and the N camera doesn't have a IS unless you buy a lens with IS and it cost freaking alot more. You know how good that actaully is?;(

By d way, wat is IS?..sorry ah..ha!

Oh dear...:sweat:

TS, I think you should read up on photography in general. Put your camera aside and learn the basic theory first. Learn about the basics like the exposure triangle as well as find out more abt different cameras and their features (eg. IS, which you evidently don't know much about.) Only then you can evaluate if the K20D is the camera you need.

If not, you will keep your K20D just because people you don't know personally told you to keep it in a forum, which is not actually very smart because nobody should know better about what's best for you than.. yourself.

Good thing about pentax is that the image stabilization/shake reduction is at the body. It means you plug in any pentax mount lens and you still have reduced camera shake blur.

Canon and Nikon doesn't have this, only Pentax, Sony DSLR's/SLT's and Olympus have this function. :)

Image Stabiliser.
Other names are OIS, OS, just to name a few
They are helpful in low light condition or telephoto zoom distance where you don't have a tripod and cannot afford shutter speed fast enough for your hand to be steady to take the shot.
So far, I only know pentax and sony alpha series have inbuilt IS in their camera body. C and N need to buy lens with IS on lens
There are alot of stuff you need to learn if you are really interested in photography. I have friends who are interested in photography and brought a DSLR only to find out that they just want better performing camera for nicer facebook photos. They went for C being brand concious only to find that they still can't shoot proper low light portrait. Please think about what you really want, when you posted the thread to sell your K20 I was like O.O already...

Pricing different between canon lens with IS and no IS:
EF 70-200mm f4L IS USM - $2299 (RRP)|$1862 cash (SLRR, Jun10)|$1883 cash (CP, w/ GST, Jun10)$1873 cash (AP, w/ GST, Jun10)$1890 cash (JO, Jun10) $1870 TK w/ GST Aug10
EF 70-200mm f4L USM - $1399 (RRP) |$1145 (MS, w/ GST, May10)$1120 (MS, w/ GST, Jun10) $1020 cash CP-P Aug10

Confirm no takers. K7 is already selling in BnS at this price ;)

Keep lah! :)

It is really a good camera. Do you know how much more ppl have to pay for an equivalent spec and featured camera from another brand (comparing models around the same period)?
It is an advanced amateur level camera at the price of a mid end camera. There are many buttons avaliable for fast access and minimal menu diving. Features that are really advanced and found on more expensive cameras; Top LCD panel, AF fine tune, multi exposure, 5 frame exposure bracketing, etc).

Think abt it...

Last edited:
Oh dear...:sweat:

TS, I think you should read up on photography in general. Put your camera aside and learn the basic theory first. Learn about the basics like the exposure triangle as well as find out more abt different cameras and their features (eg. IS, which you evidently don't know much about.) Only then you can evaluate if the K20D is the camera you need.

If not, you will keep your K20D just because people you don't know personally told you to keep it in a forum, which is not actually very smart because nobody should know better about what's best for you than.. yourself.

Actually I wanted to say the same thing but held back in case people slam me for being...(fill in the blanks)

I really find most of the post here are asking similar things. What to buy? Should I get this or that? What do you recommend? Is this better than that? Most people would give their advise to the best of their ability but I find that however good intention it may be...the advise is probably more suitable to the person giving the advise than for the person asking for it. :)

Actually I wanted to say the same thing but held back in case people slam me for being...(fill in the blanks)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I really find most of the post here are asking similar things. What to buy? Should I get this or that? What do you recommend? Is this better than that? Most people would give their advise to the best of their ability but I find that however good intention it may be...the advise is probably more suitable to the person giving the advise than for the person asking for it. :)

Glad that you agree. :) I might sound a bit harsh, but I think it's reality and you can't argue with that. You can get as much advice as you want from forums, but well, ultimately you make your own decisions. People may have good intentions but there's no way they can understand what you need/want to the same extent that you do.

In any case, TS, I hope you do consider my advice to start learning the basics of photography rather than wasting time bothering about your camera. If you don't even know how to properly utilise your K20D, then how do you know it doesn't meet your needs?

Unless your only need is a popular brand, in which case, you should definitely buy a Canon.

image stabilization (IS) or shake reduction (SR)

IS = Canon (on the lens)
SR = Pentax (on the body)
Ha..I know SR but never come across IS..but now I knew..thx bro!

Ha..I know SR but never come across IS..but now I knew..thx bro!

There's a lot of other terms too, like VR, VC, OS etc... all meaning the same thing, different brands have their own different terms for IS and SR.