Pentax Optio w60

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already posted a question in the Pentax subforums, though I get the impression perhaps more people (not only the pentax fans) can help me out here. If it's not appropriate that I post this here, please remove this question.

I am looking for the new Pentax Optio w60. I will be in Singapore from the 30th of August, and it would be nice to buy this camera here. I've contacted Alan and Cathay, both cannot help me with this new Pentax model. However, someone replied that he'd already seen this particular model in the shops. Can anybody verify whether this is true? Has anyone seen this new model in the Singapore stores yet?

Btw; it appears to be a great PnS that can handle rough conditions, including diving up to 4 meters (which is not that deep, but deep enough for snorkelers)....

Cheers

HI

I suggest you read the review of the Pentax Optio 60 W in dpreview.com first. I thought of buying this p&s too and after reading about it I changed my mind.

e

HI

I suggest you read the review of the Pentax Optio 60 W in dpreview.com first. I thought of buying this p&s too and after reading about it I changed my mind.

e

Why? There is no full review only 5 user reviews and majority give it a fairly good rating for a weatherproof PnS. What did/would you get then? The Olympus 1040 SW also does not have good reviews.

Last edited:
Hi
I did not get either the Pentax W 60 nor the Olympus SW, if I need to shoot in inclement weather I still have my old Pentax 90WR or if in a hurricane I will use my daughter's Nikonus V. My son in law actually has some shots taken with the Nikonus V during a very bad storm, the tail end of some hurircane last year.

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.