Pentax MX-1 Handson Review

if not mistaken more like end feb or march
Heard it'd be available in Spring time. So I guess probably around March to April time frame?

Mr Khaw said:
if not mistaken more like end feb or march

April would come In a blink of an eye or two eyes.

N-user said:
Blink 2 eyes end of the year already...

Haha! Open eyes, FF Pentax! But most likely cannot buy, price far from K5Iis.

felixcat8888 said:
I am curious as to the price of the MX-1 Silver

Should be same as black as it is suppose to wear off anyway.

Thinking of getting the black one and if its only to brass it! :cool:

I've tried an optical flash trigger with my Q.
As suspected, the pttl pre-flash causes it to false trigger before shutter curtain moves.
So unfortunately this option for an external flash is a no go.

Of course I use a Q and not a MX-1, so this is not the definitive answer to the problem.

Sorry to tell you that MX-1 doesn't support wireless flash w/ the built-in pop-up flash :(

But I never use external flash for such a small camera anyway, so no big deal to me :)

fengwei said:
Sorry to tell you that MX-1 doesn't support wireless flash w/ the built-in pop-up flash :(

But I never use external flash for such a small camera anyway, so no big deal to me :)

FengWei, thanks for checking, not your problem.
Patiently waiting 1st shot w MZ-1.

Really sorry for the late update. Too busy during weekends while abit too lazy over the weekend.

Since the camera firmware isn't the final release one, I won't comment too much on the performance and IQ, but to me they are pretty good for such a small camera, definitely good enough for a family and travel camera.

I took the camera w/ me on the first day of the year when we brought the kids out to the Botanic Garden. They love to feed the fish and swans there. The kids love to

shoot flowers w/ their own cameras (each got a Fujifilm F31FD) too.

All photos were taken in JPG, some postprocess done as usual.

I'll start w/ few photos of my kids in action:

RIMG0043_s.jpg

RIMG0098_s-1.jpg

RIMG0083_s.jpg

RIMG0048_s.jpg

As you can see the skin tune is a bit pinkieshy. Sometimes the whitebalance isn't very consistant too, probably due to beta version firmware.

We usually go to see the white swans near the main entrance of Garden. But this time the kids decided to go and see the black ones:

RIMG0197_s.jpg

The weather was great during that day, even turles came out of water for some Sun:

RIMG0146_s.jpg

My daughter thought tried to feed the turtle, but seems it didn't like the fresh bread much:

RIMG0143_s.jpg

Here is a bit close up on this little creature:

RIMG0181_s.jpg

Other than fish, there were a lot ducks over there, and most of them swam around in pairs:

RIMG0115_s.jpg

RIMG0132_s.jpg

Pretty hard to get one in solo:

RIMG0113_s.jpg

And of course there were the birds too:

RIMG0062_s.jpg

After the trip to the Botanic Garden, we brought the kids to their favorite restaurant: The Pizza Hut. This time we tried their new pizza (can't remember its name):

RIMG0240_s.jpg

It looked good, tasted fanstastic too:

RIMG0246_s.jpg

And of course the Kids' favorite: the Hawaiian Pizza:

RIMG0241_s.jpg

Can't leave w/o my son's favorite cheesy beefball:

RIMG0236_s.jpg

Well, the elder sis did all the poses, the younger brother wasn't very happy:

RIMG0215_s.jpg

Anyway, it's aways good to go out w/ the kids, no matter what we do. Just one more flower to show what my kids love to shoot at:

RIMG0104_s.jpg

Last weekend was my daughter's friend's birthday. The family invited us to the Bird Park for a celebration. Of course I'd tag along as usual (just love to mingle around w/ the

kids and their parents). Most kids' parents brought either dSLR or mirrorless cameras, I was one of the few who carried a p&s. And of course the majority still prefer using

their iPhone or Andriod Phones to take photos. As you can see, my little camera couln't grab much attention, so most of my shots were from side way:

RIMG0005_s.jpg

Wide end of the lens distorsion is pretty bad I have to say, probably not a good idea to use it for group photos like this. But the kids and their families don't really care,

they just love to see themselves in the photos:

RIMG0126_s.jpg

RIMG0131_s.jpg

RIMG0122_s.jpg