Pentax KR vs Sony A55

Which one?

Results are only viewable after voting.

wow that is a good deal.
i would suggest u guys get the a33.
:lovegrin:

Wow thats really a good deal. The problem is whether it's Soong Brothers manning the booth again. Last time round they seemed to get bad reviews from people who bought from them if I remember correctly.

It seems like HN and Courts are the 2 official retailers for them there.

Hi leroyishere, which shop quoted $1140(b4 GST) for the a55?

Pray tell.:angel:

okay this quotation i got is from parisilk at holland village. =)

wow! seems like a really good deal for the a33! haha. i just wonder if the a55 is worth that much more. for the 3fps extra and the gps. PQ is not much different right?

wow! seems like a really good deal for the a33! haha. i just wonder if the a55 is worth that much more. for the 3fps extra and the gps. PQ is not much different right?

The A55 supposedly has a newer-generation sensor that's better than the older-generation A33 sensor.

The A55 supposedly has a newer-generation sensor that's better than the older-generation A33 sensor.

HAHA THIS IS NOT GOOD NEWS! i was pretty much set on the a33 already. ARGH.

I think the A33 is just fine - seeing that I have bought one! For most purposes it's more than good enough. However, if you have any doubts, just go ahead with the A55. You win either way!

The A55 is really great but for me I would spend the extra money on another lens (35mm f1.8 looks really sweet)...

I think the A33 is just fine - seeing that I have bought one! For most purposes it's more than good enough. However, if you have any doubts, just go ahead with the A55. You win either way!

The A55 is really great but for me I would spend the extra money on another lens (35mm f1.8 looks really sweet)...

haha yeah i know. just too caught up in the stupid tech chase i guess. just a greedy guy always wanting more. :bsmilie:

haha yeah i know. just too caught up in the stupid tech chase i guess. just a greedy guy always wanting more. :bsmilie:

LOL and other than the new sensor there's also GPS and geotagging on the A55, better battery life :p and also 3 more fps.

if you're not planning on upgrading to the A7xx/A7x models in the near future and plan to use your purchase for longer... why not A55? haha. it's much more "future-proof" but your wallet would feel a few grams lighter as well >.<

A33/A55

Best AF in Video.

[vid]dASmzrGswc8[/vid]

Reason why Sony didn't jump the video bandwagon earlier when every other camera brand did.

They don't want to sell half-cook features for the sake of being the first. Recording video manually is not fun. This is.

Last edited:
LOL and other than the new sensor there's also GPS and geotagging on the A55, better battery life :p and also 3 more fps.

if you're not planning on upgrading to the A7xx/A7x models in the near future and plan to use your purchase for longer... why not A55? haha. it's much more "future-proof" but your wallet would feel a few grams lighter as well >.<

HAHA peasant student like me would prefer some heft in my wallet instead of those features which are not that important to me. haha. personally, don't really consider those functions as future-proofing because i don't see myself needing those features(GPS n 10fps). and i'm not much of a pixel peeper so the sensor of the a33 would suffice for me i guess? just MHO though. :p

then again. the a33 bundle at sitex vs the a55 prices at MSC will bring the fight closer, with the narrower price diff. sigh i hate shopping.

i wonder if there will be a better bundle for the a33 on the last day of sitex. :think:

Just get what suits you and what you can afford. No need to get the best in the market cos technology is advancing too fast for us to catch up. I am still using an old KM7D and A500 which are serving me well. :embrass:

A33 and A55 has the same ISO range of 100-12800 ( non extended ).. i believe they are the same generation. if it uses A550 censor then it will be ISO 200-3200 no ?

A33 and A55 has the same ISO range of 100-12800 ( non extended ).. i believe they are the same generation. if it uses A550 censor then it will be ISO 200-3200 no ?

yup guess that's what it is. what i heard was that the A33 uses the NEX sensor. A55 uses a new Exmor-HD sensor. although i don't know in what way they're different except the MP count

From my testing, the A55 is a bit cleaner at high-iso than the A33 sensor.

A33/A55

Best AF in Video.

[vid]dASmzrGswc8[/vid]

Reason why Sony didn't jump the video bandwagon earlier when every other camera brand did.

They don't want to sell half-cook features for the sake of being the first. Recording video manually is not fun. This is.

I guess many movie makers must be missing it then ;)

The A55 should be using a newer Sony EXMOR sensor, but not sure whats the difference between this and the one from NEX (which A33 is using).

The new sensor is also being using in Nikon D7000 and Pentax K5.

but nevertheless, the A33 is also a very good camera, especially with the sitex and MScolor promotion going on, it makes it even more worth it.

Cant go wrong with either one.

Still waiting for the A580.

Where are you .... ?

:(:confused::what:

I am having this problem now! And i do not want to start new thread. So thread starter! which camera did you get in the end?

and this march's upcoming IT show, will it have like freebie bundles with the a55? like the 50mm f1.8 also?