Pentax K-7, It IS Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyway from what i'm reading, looks like the K-7 is really quite poisonous. the spec sheet (improved AF, auto WB, video, fps, size, etc) will be able to poison some users into buying/upgrading. then once the first K-7s start appearing at pentax outings i think a lot more will be tempted to upgrade since apparently pentax put a lot of thought into the actual design and handling.:devil:

see the price how also.....will be a joke if the K30D has more features yet cheaper. Another selling point of the K7 is that have adapter to mount 645 lens...useful?

anyway from what i'm reading, looks like the K-7 is really quite poisonous. the spec sheet (improved AF, auto WB, video, fps, size, etc) will be able to poison some users into buying/upgrading. then once the first K-7s start appearing at pentax outings i think a lot more will be tempted to upgrade since apparently pentax put a lot of thought into the actual design and handling.:devil:

there is something called

"no money" :bsmilie:

but you can dream of it, until you have....

not immune......

just that no way to give in to poison :angry::angry:

life is like that la... cannot have the best of both worlds la... how i wish im still a student... got more time to shoot... but then again, if u r a student...unless u are born rich else can oni dream of all the new stuff...

as a student, how u wish u are working now, earning money and buying the things u want... then again, u will be surprise how little time u are left with once u started working, plus all the commitments u got to attend to once u started working... :(

to be honest i rather be in ur shoes, although no fancy equipment but got time to shoot rather than having all the nice stuff but just leave it in the dry box...

life is like that la... cannot have the best of both worlds la... how i wish im still a student... got more time to shoot... but then again, if u r a student...unless u are born rich else can oni dream of all the new stuff...

as a student, how u wish u are working now, earning money and buying the things u want... then again, u will be surprise how little time u are left with once u started working, plus all the commitments u got to attend to once u started working... :(

to be honest i rather be in ur shoes, although no fancy equipment but got time to shoot rather than having all the nice stuff but just leave it in the dry box...

sounds so true.. looks like we all got to wait until we retire to enjoy premium gear. oh wait.. we'll have bad eyesight by then.:(

Apparently only pre-production firmware versions are available right now, so no high ISO photos.
http://www.demystifyingdigital.com/Digital-SLR/Pentax-K7-Digital-SLR/index.aspx

in this review it mention this
"Where I really stumbled though was with the new locking mode dial. While I understand the thinking in this feature – more serious photographers are going to want to lock in their settings so they don't have to worry about accidentally changing the dial – the knurled knob on my pre-production K-7 was small, awkward, and very difficult to change quickly."

I think i like this lock dial thing, as I often.. very often, accidentally change mode without knowing as the dial is turn when i sling the camera, or an accidental movement that changes the setting...

fengwei.. organise a Group Buy for Clubsnap member lah.. maybe title.. be the first 20 to own K-7... hahaha.. ask the new agent for prices... and we help promote...

in this review it mention this
"Where I really stumbled though was with the new locking mode dial. While I understand the thinking in this feature – more serious photographers are going to want to lock in their settings so they don't have to worry about accidentally changing the dial – the knurled knob on my pre-production K-7 was small, awkward, and very difficult to change quickly."

I think i like this lock dial thing, as I often.. very often, accidentally change mode without knowing as the dial is turn when i sling the camera, or an accidental movement that changes the setting...

My MZ3 has this "small and awkward" button too, and I love it :D Sometimes I really wish my K20D had it too.

fengwei.. organise a Group Buy for Clubsnap member lah.. maybe title.. be the first 20 to own K-7... hahaha.. ask the new agent for prices... and we help promote...

This ... we have to wait and see. The camera isn't available anywhere yet, be patient ;)

My MZ3 has this "small and awkward" button too, and I love it :D Sometimes I really wish my K20D had it too.

in the brief time i spent with my friend's KM 7D, i really couldn't get used to the locking dials, it was so hard to turn the knob while holding the middle button down. if it were up to me i'd make the middle button like a switch, lock when depressed and unlock when depressed again. but i don't know, maybe it just takes practice.

Mine is perpetually in M-mode. So no issue here. I am interested to be the in the list of 20.

Wow. The K-7 is the perfect mountain climbing or rough sports camera now. Two weather sealed kit lenses with a weather proof body? How can any adventurer NOT want it?

I've sent him an email regarding the possible meet up w/ us local Pentaxians :) Let's see how it goes.

BTW, there is a wakeboarding competition next month:
http://www.wakeboard.com.sg/

I'm guessing Mark is coming for that event, but I'm not so sure about it yet. Good news is, our local Pentax agent, Emjay, will be one of the sponsors for that event :D All of our Pentaxians are welcome to participate that event, and try your best to get some action shots, and let the others know that our Pentax cameras are also capable of shooting fast pace sports event :cool:

Cool...haven't shoot wakeboarding for a while, the last one was at Marina.:)

IMGP2627.jpg

Hey guys, check out the current Pentax gear in production:

PentaxCurrentGear.jpg

I guess we just need some BIG GUNS :D

This "family portrait" is cool! But K-m and K20D are still in production, so should be included.

amazing, Amazing, AMAZING K-7! Woohooo!!!
*sorry i cannot contain my excitement, the feature set is just so wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.