Pentax @ IT Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
k_istDS said:
I doubt so.. but you get get a third-party grips which was made in Korea.. its not battery pack, but just vertical grips w Remote. Me and Kohweeloon had that.. I like it pretty much..

Where you get the grip from? online? any pic or website that i can see how the grip looks like?:thumbsup:

Munk said:
Where you get the grip from? online? any pic or website that i can see how the grip looks like?:thumbsup:

http://www.dicain.com/2002/zb/view.p...sc=asc&no=4700

But dun expect it to be hard and strong as its made of plastic and attached to the camera.. its good with you use it for small lense for portraits and the remote is good when you bring out for nite shoot.. But when used with heavy lense, it give some cracking sound sometimes as if its breaking into pieces..But nopetheless, its a good product i must say...

k_istDS said:
I doubt so.. but you get get a third-party grips which was made in Korea.. its not battery pack, but just vertical grips w Remote. Me and Kohweeloon had that.. I like it pretty much..

where can i get bro?any shop to recommend? wats the retail price?

Munk said:
where can i get bro?any shop to recommend? wats the retail price?

you have to order online.. you can check with kohweeloon, he order for us the last time round..as for how much... forgot liao...;)

damn...it looks so sweet with that grip. im sure gonna get the grip asap to suit with my big hand and looks more pro...haha, Thanks bro

I had a hands-on on the PENTAX SLR
The picture looks kinda grainy at such high ISO.... hmmm... no noise reduction???
IMGP5500.jpg

Youhong said:
I had a hands-on on the PENTAX SLR
The picture looks kinda grainy at such high ISO.... hmmm... no noise reduction???
IMGP5500.jpg

if that you called grainy, i think you compared it to the rest of the DSLR...

Happened to see a link from other forum and they did a comparision.. and Pentax did well...
http://digitalcamera.impress.co.jp/06_02/auth/toku1/index_iso.htm

Quoting from the forum...

"ISO noise and detail have been the subject of many questions. Most tests (those done by dpreview) are with maybe up to 3 cameras and using just grey levels, although they have recently introduced dark levels as well.

However, the link below shows the best noise and detail comparison tests I've seen using a "real world" subject for 17 dslr's over the range of ISO 400 to 1600, and 3200 for those that support it.

It will take a while to load the images as they are full sized, which is good, as you can then see things in great detail.

http://digitalcamera.impress.co.jp/06_02/auth/toku1/index_iso.htm

It compares these current popular cameras using the same subject.

C*n*n - 1Ds mkII, 1D mkII N, 5D, 20D, 350D (Kiss)
N*k*n - D2X, D2Hs, D200, D70s, D50
F*ji - S3
Minolta - D7 and D5 (Sweet)
Olympus - E500, E300
Pentax - DL, DS2

A big plus is that the image is the same in all shots and shows the noise artifacts really well at all levels from dark to light.

It also shows the detail capability extremely well, examine the lines and blemishes on the plaster bust. You can also see any other artifacts such as sharpening and lens abberations around the edges of the bust.

The Pentax's do very well, in fact, to my eyes, the DL's ISO 1600 and 3200 shots are better than most of the others. Most of the cameras that use the Sony 6MP sensor are reasonable, however the D70's and D50 lack a lot of detail, probably due to strong noise reduction. The istDL is without a doubt, the best of the 6MP bunch, strangely the DS2 isn't quite as detailed and has a blue cast (WB is different). The 5D high ISO noise is really impressive, kudos to C*n*n.

The D200's noise and lack of resolution at the high ISO's (probably due to the high noise reduction algorithms) is, to my mind, appalling. This is not an attack on the D200, as I believe it is one of the most bold steps taken by N*k*n and they deserve credit for their leap forward, but I just hope that the new Pentax 10MP body doesn't have the same issues."

Hi I went to the pentax booth at the IT show too.. I must admit their booth's customer service was really quite good especially when compared to Nikon and Canon booths. Nikon's salesman was extremely aggressive, keep asking you to buy, said its already on special offer liao why still need to consider. Canon's salesman doesnt seem to bother, never smile and never bother to explain the camera's functions to me too..

I have tried the Pentax DL at the show and find it very user-friendly and speedy operation, never have a chance to try the DL2 as another person was trying it for a long time. But the salesgirl recommend me the DL over the DL2 as she said DL2 is only a slight upgrade over the DL. Actually whats the main difference between the two cameras that warrant a buy over the other? I never saw the DS there though..

Anyway Cheers to Pentax, their great prices and their babes..:p

The differences between DL and DL2 is that DL2 has 5 AF points instead of 3. The DL2 also has a digital preview mode, where a captured image is shown on the LCD without storing to card.

Status
Not open for further replies.