Pentax *istDS - international warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heretix

Feb 4, 2004
Singapore - East
Hey everyone,

For the people who purchased the *istDS in Singapore, does it come with international warranty? From the Pentax USA website, it seems as though cameras no longer come with international warranty, and customers in the US have to register seperately with Pentax USA for that.

How about us Singaporeans? Any clues anyone? I'm buying the *istDS in Hong Kong, anyone has any idea how the warranty will most likely work out to be?

Thanks in advance!

For the Singaporean international warranty cards, is the warranty through a local distributor, or is it a branch of Pentax itself?

Heretix said:
For the Singaporean international warranty cards, is the warranty through a local distributor, or is it a branch of Pentax itself?
Not sure how to answer your question but I will base my answer on the International Warranty for an Optio.

The card comes inside the box. It looks like a generic one except for a chop stated below. Its conditions are stated in various languages and there are lines to fill in your name, address, product details etc. The chop says the following:

This International Warranty Card is for use outside Singapore. To obtain warranty services in Singapore, residents in Singapore must produce the JEBSEN & JESSEN MARKETING LOCAL WARRANTY CARD.

There is another sheet of paper called Pentax Worldwide Service Network listing the service stations worldwide. For Singapore, there is J&J Marketing at Neythal Road and J&J Customer Service Centre at Martin Road.

Thanks for all the replies! Just 4 more days before I get my *istDS in HK!! :)

Heretix said:
Thanks for all the replies! Just 4 more days before I get my *istDS in HK!! :)

can you please check if sell the Pentax DS body only & how much there as well. Thanks ;)

CY_OH said:
Not sure how to answer your question but I will base my answer on the International Warranty for an Optio.

The card comes inside the box. It looks like a generic one except for a chop stated below. Its conditions are stated in various languages and there are lines to fill in your name, address, product details etc. The chop says the following:

This International Warranty Card is for use outside Singapore. To obtain warranty services in Singapore, residents in Singapore must produce the JEBSEN & JESSEN MARKETING LOCAL WARRANTY CARD.

There is another sheet of paper called Pentax Worldwide Service Network listing the service stations worldwide. For Singapore, there is J&J Marketing at Neythal Road and J&J Customer Service Centre at Martin Road.

Juz bought a lens from HK but it only has the HK J&J warranty. Do I need to write to pentax to request for one?

I think the fastest way is to call local J&J for information.
I have an Optio S40. but was bought from US, no warranty coverred in SG. :(

arrsoo said:
can you please check if sell the Pentax DS body only & how much there as well. Thanks ;)

From what i've read, the kit is 6800 HKD. I've not read anything about the body-only set, but I think its going to be just slightly lower than that.

Heretix said:
From what i've read, the kit is 6800 HKD. I've not read anything about the body-only set, but I think its going to be just slightly lower than that.

Hi there, 6800HKD is a superb price, that is like only S$1300? Does that price include the kit lens? How about the memory card bundled?

nad said:
Hi there, 6800HKD is a superb price, that is like only S$1300? Does that price include the kit lens? How about the memory card bundled?

Actually, its around S$1450 or so. It includes the 18 - 55 kit lens, no memory card.

Status
Not open for further replies.