Pentax *istDS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only differences we could establish between the *ist DS and the DS2 are a larger LCD monitor (now 2.5" 210,000 pixels), this kind of 'upgrade' seems to becoming a trend.

Trend? I think so far only Nikon show this kind of stunt with the D70 and D70s :think: :think:

Let me see, changes to

1. A larger LCD
2. Auto ISO setting

same as all those Japanese car manufacturers who will keep facelifting their old models to be relaunched as the 'new' model.

standard marketing strategy which makes the product portfolio looks better when it is still the same.

Is it worth it to sell off my 2 mths old *ist DS body (less than 1k shutter count) to buy this? But of course have to see how much is this... If it's around the same price as the *ist DS body, maybe can consider?

wrx_sti_22b said:
Is it worth it to sell off my 2 mths old *ist DS body (less than 1k shutter count) to buy this? But of course have to see how much is this... If it's around the same price as the *ist DS body, maybe can consider?

That's easy to equate. How much more are you willing to pay for the larger LCD screen? If that amount is equal or less than the difference between the price you're selling your *istDS and the price you're buying the *istDS 2, then you can get the *istDS 2. :)

I think so too. I dun mind topping up $200 - $300 for a new *ist DS 2 body...

wrx_sti_22b said:
I think so too. I dun mind topping up $200 - $300 for a new *ist DS 2 body...

don't waste your money, still the same old thing.

tao said:
don't waste your money, still the same old thing.

Point taken. :thumbsup: Tat $200-$300 is better spent elsewhere. Maybe like a flash or a 40gb portable storage. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.