Pentax 18-250 available in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys. Previous post of mine states "Chromatic aberration is much more obvious compare to the sigma especially in the 18mm range" Well what wanted to say was barrel distortion very obvious in 18mm. My bad. Sorry guys.

Anyway i still like think it's a good lens. After using it further i must say this is definitely my main lens for traveling. Focusing albeit abit noisy but good enough and much more accurate then my primes. I think could be because of some thread i read in dpreview forum about focusing accuracy improves when stop down to f5.6 and higher(which i manage to test it with kelvin in shiro singapore). Overall picture quality is good can't beat the primes but very convenient lens.

Sorry guys. Previous post of mine states "Chromatic aberration is much more obvious compare to the sigma especially in the 18mm range" Well what wanted to say was barrel distortion very obvious in 18mm. My bad. Sorry guys.

Anyway i still like think it's a good lens. After using it further i must say this is definitely my main lens for traveling. Focusing albeit abit noisy but good enough and much more accurate then my primes. I think could be because of some thread i read in dpreview forum about focusing accuracy improves when stop down to f5.6 and higher(which i manage to test it with kelvin in shiro singapore). Overall picture quality is good can't beat the primes but very convenient lens.

Hi
Can I check why you needed to bring the lens to Shiro for testing?
Thanks

My apology for causing some misunderstanding. I did not bring that lens for testing. I was sending my k10d for focusing adjustment. So i tested on a 77mm that as you increase your f number from 5.6 and higher you get a more accurate af. We test it on other k10d bodies they have and it is also the same case. I dunno if it's the same with the k100d or other k10d but for my k10d and shiro k10d they basically will have improve focusing accuracy once you stop down from f5.6 or higher. So for this lens basically the aperture is F3.5 to F6.3. Anyway it's just a theory on the accurate focusing on the 18-250mm.
Anyway if you like to test it out you just need to focus on a subject. Turn your dial to f5.6 or higher. Focus. Then turn back to your fastest aperture let's say f1.4 or f2 or f2.8 then take the shot. You'll find that earlier shot is much more accurate then if you just use the faster aperture to focus and shot. Strange.

Any update on this lens? is the tammy good also?

Any update on this lens? is the tammy good also?

It's probably the same lens as the Tamron one, but with SMC coating though. Currently the DA18250 is on sale in the US for nearly the same price as the Tamron one. Hope it'd be the same when it reaches here.

It's probably the same lens as the Tamron one, but with SMC coating though. Currently the DA18250 is on sale in the US for nearly the same price as the Tamron one. Hope it'd be the same when it reaches here.
Cant wait for this... :)

Is there any evidence it will have the SMC coating?:bheart:

When When When When When?

When When When When When?
The Tamron also canot find... :(

Bro, I guess you got to ask the store to bring in for you if they do not have the stock. :D

I mean for the tamron version

Bro, I guess you got to ask the store to bring in for you if they do not have the stock. :D

I mean for the tamron version
Hmmm i might ask for it thanks bro for the suggestion :)

It took 2.5 months but finally its here. Image quality so-so only. Initial images seems to indicate its not as good as the 18-200 though. But the zoom is really something!
That Lumix x12 feeling is here again! :)

18-250.jpg

Its a Beauty.
18-250A.jpg

Fully Extended.
Extended.jpg

Very first sample images :

At 18mm Handheld with AS on.

18MM.jpg

At 250mm Handheld with AS on zoomed into the signboard.

250MM.jpg

Fully Extended.
Extended.jpg

wahh.. this is long! looks like a good one-lens-fit-all kind of purpose. it will be interesting, but i still like primes. =)

enjoy your new toy~ and keep your post coming.

cheerss..

Thanks Seafone,
Comparing with the Sigma 18-200, its only slightly wider and a wee bit longer only.
Its only when fully extended that you see the difference. Another thing I noticed is unlike many of the other Pentax lenses, the focus ring can't be manually adjusted when in auto mode. I guess this is the legacy from its Tamron origins.:)

Congrat for your new purchase .:thumbsup:

That is really a long range :D

What shop? you order online? Nice Lens there.. drooling me..

Status
Not open for further replies.